droid or incredible

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i think i might end up giving this phone a try i currently have the droid but i might get this one also =]

Reaction score
Droid can be oc'd to snapdragon speed. Would have to test the htc screen before purchasing, they have not impressed me. Also, I have heard the N1 had some issues for gaming.

The real thing holding back these phones is battery life. Technology is at a point right now where how much horsepower your smart phone has is based on how long it takes to use up that precious battery.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Droid can be oc'd to snapdragon speed. Would have to test the htc screen before purchasing, they have not impressed me. Also, I have heard the N1 had some issues for gaming.

The real thing holding back these phones is battery life. Technology is at a point right now where how much horsepower your smart phone has is based on how long it takes to use up that precious battery.

You can OC the Droid but you can't increase the RAM , Incredible has double the amount of RAM , which makes it a better multitasker . The OLED screen needs significant less power so the battery will last longer , the camera is better and also the sound quality .

jkwakopo

Reaction score
I'm with you brianv. I don't like physical keyboards. I'm hoping the incredible is really good. I also love the 2.1 sense ui (played with it on the Eris) so I'm pretty sure I will be switching. I'd love a slimmer device with more ram/rom. I do love the Droid though. However, I love Google/android more than the hardware Motorola has made. I will be fine with a switch to new/better (for me) hardware.

Well, the reason i got my droid is because of this.. I just didn't want to get some Taiwanese product which I never used.. Even though Moto's been struggling past few years, MOTOROLA is the main reason I went with Droid... Just didn't like spending couple hundred dollars on Taiwanese made hardware over Moto's... Now i'm not saying HTC is terrible... I never used HTC so I wouldn't know but from what I'm hearing around the market, HTC definitely is not the top of line product in terms of hardware quality ( HTC is also known to use cheap parts on their products specially on their touchscreen.. That's why you see all these touchscreen/display problems with N1.)

Google Nexus One versus Motorola Droid Display Shoot-Out

so much for having OLED screen eh?? so what? it doesn't work right lol... I'll stick with my Droid...Seems like HTC can't even get their display/tochscreen right( and i believe these two are most important in terms of user experience). Do you really want to spend $200+ and 2 year contract?

PS: Don't worry about the phone's hardware spec too much (assuming everything is working accordingly)... I mean seriously, we'll have something more incredible than HTC Incredible in 2 month.. and remember, we (Big Red) will probably get 4g next year. I'm not sure if incredible is LTE ready or not. I don't want to get tied to my contract when everyone is telling me how "cool" 4g is lol. I don't know why people are so hyped up by these specs ( I hate hearing Snapdragon.. It's way over-hyped)

Here is the quote from Van Baker and he quotes about his take on hardware hype:

"The user experience as defined by user interface and the services and software that are delivered on the device is what matters, the manufacturers that focus on hardware features alone just don't get it." - Van Baker

sorry for my terribad English, I had two exams today and haven't slept in 48 hrs =(.. It took me 15 mins to write this and honestly I'm so tired I don't even know what I'm writing about.. It will be awesome if my Droid Does take my exams for me =)

Trashing HTC is based on my opinion.. This is how I feel about their products.. I didn't want to hurt Droid Eris users but it's just my opinion and who cares right?

Go VT Hokies!!!

And this is a quote from our own super moderator Cereal Killer.

"OLED is excellent. It's HTC who makes poor product(s)

Maybe if they didn't kick out 12,500 new devices a week and focused on making solid product these issues wouldn't exist.

HTC reminds me of RIM ; )"

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks HTC makes terrible/cheap products...

Last edited:

mjs31

Reaction score
The Incredible has impressive specs. And the reviews virtually universally praise the beautiful display. But one of the primary reasons I purchased the Droid was because I could actually read the display in the sunlight. (My previous phone was useless outside.) On that score several reviewers have mentioned that the Incredible's performance outside is sub-par. So I'll have to have a look at it and test the performance outside before making a judgment. From all reports, it will be arriving at Verizon stores about the same time as the sun here in the Pacific Northwest.

I really think the Droid is subpar outside. Maybe it is my Texas sun, but I cannot read it at all. Don't get me wrong, I love my Droid, but the first thing I thought when I got it, was its poor outside performance. I am looking forward to the Incredible. I love my Droid, but only use the physical keyboard for SPrecovery. Time will tell though.

mjs31

Reaction score
I'm with you brianv. I don't like physical keyboards. I'm hoping the incredible is really good. I also love the 2.1 sense ui (played with it on the Eris) so I'm pretty sure I will be switching. I'd love a slimmer device with more ram/rom. I do love the Droid though. However, I love Google/android more than the hardware Motorola has made. I will be fine with a switch to new/better (for me) hardware.

Well, the reason i got my droid is because of this.. I just didn't want to get some Taiwanese product which I never used.. Even though Moto's been struggling past few years, MOTOROLA is the main reason I went with Droid... Just didn't like spending couple hundred dollars on Taiwanese made hardware over Moto's... Now i'm not saying HTC is terrible... I never used HTC so I wouldn't know but from what I'm hearing around the market, HTC definitely is not the top of line product in terms of hardware quality ( HTC is also known to use cheap parts on their products specially on their touchscreen.. That's why you see all these touchscreen/display problems with N1.)

Google Nexus One versus Motorola Droid Display Shoot-Out

so much for having OLED screen eh?? so what? it doesn't work right lol... I'll stick with my Droid...Seems like HTC can't even get their display/tochscreen right( and i believe these two are most important in terms of user experience). Do you really want to spend $200+ and 2 year contract?

PS: Don't worry about the phone's hardware spec too much (assuming everything is working accordingly)... I mean seriously, we'll have something more incredible than HTC Incredible in 2 month.. and remember, we (Big Red) will probably get 4g next year. I'm not sure if incredible is LTE ready or not. I don't want to get tied to my contract when everyone is telling me how "cool" 4g is lol. I don't know why people are so hyped up by these specs ( I hate hearing Snapdragon.. It's way over-hyped)

Here is the quote from Van Baker and he quotes about his take on hardware hype:

"The user experience as defined by user interface and the services and software that are delivered on the device is what matters, the manufacturers that focus on hardware features alone just don't get it." - Van Baker

sorry for my terribad English, I had two exams today and haven't slept in 48 hrs =(.. It took me 15 mins to write this and honestly I'm so tired I don't even know what I'm writing about.. It will be awesome if my Droid Does take my exams for me =)

Trashing HTC is based on my opinion.. This is how I feel about their products.. I didn't want to hurt Droid Eris users but it's just my opinion and who cares right?

Go VT Hokies!!!

And this is a quote from our own super moderator Cereal Killer.

"OLED is excellent. It's HTC who makes poor product(s)

Maybe if they didn't kick out 12,500 new devices a week and focused on making solid product these issues wouldn't exist.

HTC reminds me of RIM ; )"

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks HTC makes terrible/cheap products...

True, but Motorola kind of had some quality issues for a while as well. Time will tell on this one. BB went completely South in their quality though. And of course there is the king of quality in the average consumer auto industry...oh wait..they were covering up things. Ha ha.

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no idea about HTC but I do know this. I'm perfectly happy with the Droid so why look for something else? It does everything I need.

Next time I can upgrade to a new phone then I'll get the latest and greatest. Until then I'm sticking to what works.

I mean what are these new phones going to offer that I can't get now? Nothing really.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I may try out the Incredible when it comes out because ever since Swype and SlideIT i don't use or like the physical keyboard anymore so the keyboard went from being convenient to being something i have to worry about breaking on me. This would be solved if we had a case that disabled the slide out keyboard but we don't so i might look at the incredible for that and the other specs of it are quite impressive. 8mp camera is more than the camera i have here at home lol.

HwnDroid

Reaction score
I'd have to say for now its the Droid. When VZW brings out their LTE with 4G phones then I might jump ship. But for now, its all Droid.

Last edited:

jkwakopo

Reaction score
True, but Motorola kind of had some quality issues for a while as well. Time will tell on this one. BB went completely South in their quality though. And of course there is the king of quality in the average consumer auto industry...oh wait..they were covering up things. Ha ha.[/QUOTE]

we have problems with our sliders getting loose and muffed voice/sound from phone calls. i heard the problem with voice is caused by Android OS which will be taken care of once we get our OTA update. I'm not sure if the certain problems still exist. I got a refurb from Verizon and never had same problems again. I also found out muffed voice is due to me covering the little damn mic on top of the camera in the center when I usually talk on my bed laying down, but muffed voice did happen on regular basis not just on my bed. But HTC N1's main problem is cause by their touchscreen component which is inferior to Droid's ( although they are from same company, Droid has newer version Synaptics 3000)
I also found out very interesting thing from this one article...

" Diane Hackborn is an Android framework engineer. She says the problem is not the Android platform. She does mention that the DROID has a special code and it is this special code that Android and Me says is the reason why the latter out performs the N-One"

well, you guys can read this article here

So bottom line?? Even though N1 is THE GOOGLE Phone and came out few months after Droid, they still decided to put inferior touchscreen which is almost 3 years old ( and some N1 fanboys are saying they can "improve the performance" by installing cyanogen mod. But this just improves, it doesn't actually change their outdated touchscreen component and I thought HTC was specialized in making smartphones.... The fact that Droid has better touchscreen component is just very silly considering N1 being the GOOGLE Phone and their flagship mobile device which also came few months after the Droid ( and seriously, n1 has been in news, at least on Google news, forever!!).
As of today, we definitely know which phone is carrying the android banner... It's the Droid on Verizon's most reliable network which is leading the android invasion (and we still got those ever evolving Droid TV commercials / Youtube viral ads lol). It is also a safe bet to say that the Droid is basically the only smartphone out there holding and gaining it's ground against iPhone. (and we still got those ever evolving Droid TV commercials / Youtube viral ads lol). How many times did you see someone carrying N1??? not that many..
Go Hokies!!!!