Droid or Eris or wait for the Passion?

M

M1dnite

Why is everybody so sure it's going to come out? No FCC info, no press release from VZW.. Nothing.. Why would they drop another phone so quick the Droid needs to be verizons' baby.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
Why is everybody so sure it's going to come out? No FCC info, no press release from VZW.. Nothing.. Why would they drop another phone so quick the Droid needs to be verizons' baby.

There are supposed to be at least 4 phones in the Droid line coming before the end of the year. The Moto Droid and the Droid Eris are obviously out so that leaves at least 2 more Android based phones to come.

BiggDogg

Reaction score
If I were you, I would wait. I am, sorta, in the same case as you are in, except threefold. I was originally going to get the Storm2. Then when I heard about Motorola Droid coming to Verizon, I was deadset on getting it. Then I hear about the HTC Passion and it has the Snapdragon chip, so I wanted to wait. But since I'm not you (LOL), I placed my order this morning since I was eligible for NE2 and hope that my Droid arrives tomorrow. With VZW and their 30-day return policy, I think that will give me enough time to decide whether to keep it or not; and possibly the HTC Passion will be out by then(or at least more details on if/when it comes out). I'm wondering if I will be able to get the NE2 discount should I decide to return my Droid and go with HTC Passion?

Good luck with whatever choice you make! :icon_ banana:

S

steveo52

You have 30 days to return the Droid if you don't like it. That was the same situation for the Storm. One month should be plenty of time to figure out if the phone is for you or not.

That's why I took home a Droid today. I was using a Blackberry Storm with the upgraded OS 5. It really turned the Storm into a better device. I know there is a learning curve for any one of these smart phones. But so far I'm not overly impressed with the Droid. I guess I am so use to BB OS that Android isn't feeling right yet. I'm gonna give this the weekend to see how it works out. But right now I'm really on the fence whether to keep it

modified

Reaction score
I'm still wondering what people think this question. So bump!

cdaiscool

Reaction score
I'm thinking that I'm loving my Droid. The longer you wait, the longer you have until your next upgrade eligibility date.

If you consistently keep waiting, you'll never have to worry about your upgrade date. Once the Snapdragon chip is out a few months, someone will come out with a better chip. And that may be in the Droid 2, which, because I bought on Day 1, I'll be eligible for. Those who keep waiting for a RUMOR phone will have to wait a few more months.

wil318466

Reaction score
I just don't see why someone would wait. If you feel so absolutely sure that if a new phone will come out and you will be 100% satisfied when it comes out, sure, wait.

But in reality, there is no way to tell. These smartphones are so advanced now and do so many different things that they DO have glitches and there ARE issues with them. How many things come out and are perfect when released?

Also, if you keep waiting for something better, well, you will be waiting forever.

Finally, what is the deal breaker? Is there a specific thing that you are waiting for? I'm curious here.. becuase if there is something that is so drastically better coming out, I'd be upset because I don't want to go through the "iPhone envy" syndrome again. In all honesty I don't think I will have that feeling again because this thing rocks.

-Wil

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
tough call... you may be waiting a few months before you see a "passion-style" phone on VZ

cb2000a

Reaction score
Jump in and get the Droid. It's a great phone. Yes the Google phone might come to Verizon in the future (It's basically the Dragon), but as pointed out before something better will come out about every six months the way things are going now. The Droid is fast and will (is for some who rooted) be faster with 2.1.