Droid-Optimized Movie Trailers

tdog7879

Reaction score
I just remember when i had my POS bb storm there was a website where they would put full lenght movies up for people to download them and i was just wondering if there was a simliar site or app ...i will still do so more searching!

BB Storm formatted movies *should* play on the Droid, if they are in MP4 format.
This is good news cause i found a website where there a bunch of free movies to download!!!! im going to give it a shot

Bad_Boy

Reaction score
nice work, thanks

I think the best setting is Remove bars from file. Remove from device crops some of the picture out, and Stretching the image distorts the picture a little, even though full screen is nice.

Last edited:
OP
D

dvdcatalyst

nice work, thanks

I think the best setting is Remove bars from file. Remove from device crops some of the picture out, and Stretching the image distorts the picture a little, even though full screen is nice.

Same here.

My first post contained all 3 different methods, specifically to show the differences between them. The later ones I posted (and future ones) will be done using the default remove from file option.

Thanks for your input :)

OP
D

dvdcatalyst

New ones added :)

Mentioned a while ago in a couple of threads, a lot of people think that you need to use the maximum settings the Droid is capable of to get great-looking video. The trailers above are all done using the maximum settings, however, to show that you can get away with a lower quality setting (and thus more movies on your Droid) I converted the Hubble 3D trailer (1080 source) using the 3 different quality settings DVD Catalyst 3 has for the Droid.
The files are streaming-capable, so you can just visit the links on your Droid to view them.

Default profile, 800kbps video 128kbps audio, 400MB per hour of video

http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/Default/imax_hubble_3d.mp4

HQ profile, 1000kbps video 160kbps audio, 500MB per hour of video

http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/Default/imax_hubble_3d_HQ.mp4

HQ2 profile, 1500kbps video 160kbps audio, 700MB per hour of video

http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/Default/imax_hubble_3d_HQ2.mp4

See if you can tell the difference :)

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
These do look really nice. I'm glad to see the DROID's screen looks this great. It should be, with the amount of power it consumes.

OP
D

dvdcatalyst

These do look really nice. I'm glad to see the DROID's screen looks this great. It should be, with the amount of power it consumes.

Thank you.

Power usage is usually directly related to the amount of fun that can be had with the device :)

OP
D

dvdcatalyst

Under development

Since JTAC let this out of the bag yesterday,

Well, as of right now I removed all the movies off my Droid. Why did I do that? Because....thanks to DVD Catalyst (Mitch), I am the guinea pig of a MP4 streaming site he created. Now I have all my movies on there and can stream them whenever I want. Runs perfectly; I am able to skip back and forth, no audio or video lag issues...nothing.

DVD Catalyst (Mitch), thanks for thinking outside the box!

I decided to provide a sample of what I am working on.

Visit MP4 Streaming Server on your Droid (or PC)

The app basically runs that from your own computer, with your own Droid-optimized video files such as movies and tv-shows.
While it has a few configuration options, it works quite simple.

Add video files to the program, click on the start webserver button and thats it.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
nice but unless you have a high upload connection from the computer with the files or own a sever this is going to be super slow from the internet. it will work good if the computer with the files are on the same wifi as the droid though.

OP
D

dvdcatalyst

nice but unless you have a high upload connection from the computer with the files or own a sever this is going to be super slow from the internet. it will work good if the computer with the files are on the same wifi as the droid though.

The main idea is for at home, using your wireless network. Streaming over the internet is possible, but for most people their upload speed is not capable of handling the very high quality files.

Last edited by a moderator:

negitivej

Reaction score
Nice work on DVD Cat.. exited to try your latest creations.:icon_ banana:

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Wow !

Wow,

Thank you for the demonstration. I knew the Droid display was good but these DO really highlight what the display can do.

I am impressed.

Pretty sweet having a big ol' SD card like we do.

Thanks,