Droid Operating SLOW

bachrock

Reaction score
My Droid has been going very slow lately. Often times I'll enter my password to unlock the phone and I won't see any desktop icons for up to 5 seconds. In Taskiller I see that I have 34 M available memory. When I check what's going on with all the memory, a third is red, a little bit is yellow, and half is green. Anyone know what might be slowing it down?

pierced_droid

Reaction score
My Droid has been going very slow lately. Often times I'll enter my password to unlock the phone and I won't see any desktop icons for up to 5 seconds. In Taskiller I see that I have 34 M available memory. When I check what's going on with all the memory, a third is red, a little bit is yellow, and half is green. Anyone know what might be slowing it down?

Check the battery usage to see what is running. or Just root the phone dancedroid

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
First, drop the task killer. Thanks.

Second, there is a thread that someone might be able to link you to faster than I could on how to reduce lag for adw, launcherprop, and other home launchers. This should help you out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

howzball

Reaction score
I dunno if you're using any of the Live wallpapers but, those seem to make my Droid crawl. They're neat to look at but don't really add any useful functions so I swapped back to the old still type wallpaper and the thing's a lot faster.

vtlowrider

Reaction score
My Droid is acting slow as well. No task killer installed, no live wallpaper in use, only a handful of apps installed and any apps that I could move to the SD card I did.

However, when I wake up my phone, it's almost always to a blank screen that sometimes takes an entire minute to populate with icons. I try rebooting the phone, which helps for a few hours. Same goes with flipping through the native Android 2.2 home screens. I'll swipe and..... and then it'll catch up.

I've been on the verge of throwing this phone out the window and going back to my old LG enV2.

Thanks in advance.

peskemom

Reaction score
After many trials with many apps...
1) I stopped using any and all Market launchers and went back to Stock launder
2) I minimized the storage on my SD card again ( although I had moved most apps over to it)
3)I used the stock "Running Services" within the Applications menu to turn off apps running in the background. You learn over time which ones 'linger' like the music/radio/twitter/google apps....so when you are done with them you go back into 'running services' and tell them to stop
4) As I am rooted I also have set my profiles and CPU speeds to accomodate different profiles of my phone use and this too seems to help

I am about to turn off "allow automatic updating" for most of my downloaded apps as it seems developers can't seem to stop tinkering with their babies and I've discovered most of the time whenever they fix a 'minor bug' in one area it slows down the app overall.

Try all this and see if you don't see some improvement.

Fresh330

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I've tried everything from doing a hard reset to bring it to Verizon (like that would do any good). I even tried rooting but that didn't help either. It really pisses me off. Ever since the OS was updated 2.2, this problem became really bad. I'm considering trying to talk VZ into upgraded my phone to a Droid 2 b/c I think it's BS that there is no set solution.