Droid one root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by NavyNuke, Apr 13, 2011.

1. NavyNuke

NavyNuke New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I'm interested in rooting my Droid one and was wondering in anyone could give me a link that outlined the process. Thank

2. jeffly777

jeffly777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google it, dude. There are guides and one click roots everywhere.

Thunderstruck

3. DucksDroid

DucksDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    NavyNuke,

Welcome to Droid Forums! It's not so long ago that we were all new to Droids and rooting, and there's a lot of good and not-so-good information out there. The people on this Forum have been very helpful with guides and also helping out those with problems along the way.

While the one-click methods are faster, many of the experienced people on this forum suggest using a manual method, so that you better understand the process. I found the posts under "Hacking Help" to be very useful, starting with a "sticky" on Noobs looking to root look here 1st at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/68544-noobs-looking-root-look-here-1st.html

I followed the excellent step-by-step process given Motocache in link #3 -- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Good luck and check back in the help section if you need anything else.

- Jim

4. jeffly777

jeffly777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if my last post sounded rude. All I meant was that you've got great info on this forum and all over the internet, and searching, reading, and learning will help you do way more with the system than a quick step by step guide.

Have fun!

Thunderstruck

5. DucksDroid

DucksDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My sons are both Army, so I like to help out anyone in our armed forces. Thank you for your service!

Sent from my Droid1 using DroidForums