1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid one root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by NavyNuke, Apr 13, 2011.

1. NavyNuke

NavyNuke New Member

Hey I'm interested in rooting my Droid one and was wondering in anyone could give me a link that outlined the process. Thank
  2. jeffly777

jeffly777 New Member

Google it, dude. There are guides and one click roots everywhere.

Thunderstruck
  3. DucksDroid

DucksDroid Member

NavyNuke,

Welcome to Droid Forums! It's not so long ago that we were all new to Droids and rooting, and there's a lot of good and not-so-good information out there. The people on this Forum have been very helpful with guides and also helping out those with problems along the way.

While the one-click methods are faster, many of the experienced people on this forum suggest using a manual method, so that you better understand the process. I found the posts under "Hacking Help" to be very useful, starting with a "sticky" on Noobs looking to root look here 1st at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/68544-noobs-looking-root-look-here-1st.html

I followed the excellent step-by-step process given Motocache in link #3 -- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Good luck and check back in the help section if you need anything else.

- Jim
  4. jeffly777

jeffly777 New Member

Sorry if my last post sounded rude. All I meant was that you've got great info on this forum and all over the internet, and searching, reading, and learning will help you do way more with the system than a quick step by step guide.

Have fun!

Thunderstruck
  5. DucksDroid

DucksDroid Member

My sons are both Army, so I like to help out anyone in our armed forces. Thank you for your service!

Sent from my Droid1 using DroidForums