droid on/off sound

akingstrash

Reaction score
I changed my notification sound and now whenever i turn on my phone i get a very default and annoying sounding ring. its annoying and i wanna get rid of it. any ideas?

solar

Reaction score
I changed my notification sound and now whenever i turn on my phone i get a very default and annoying sounding ring. its annoying and i wanna get rid of it. any ideas?
the droid uses the default notification sound for its on/off sound. Change your default notif ringtone and you should hear whatever that is.

jaclynmckewan

Reaction score
the droid uses the default notification sound for its on/off sound. Change your default notif ringtone and you should hear whatever that is.

That doesn't seem to be happening with me. I have my default notification ringtone set, and it's what I hear when I receive a text message or a voicemail.

But whenever I turn the phone on or off, I get some annoying beeping sound. I even listened to all the available notification ringtones on my phone, and the beeping sound isn't even one of them.

Edited to add:
I used to hear the "Droid" sound when turning the phone on and off. But ever since I changed my default notification ringtone, I'm getting the beeping instead, when I turn the phone on and off. But my default sound works for everything else.

Edited again to add:
My notification ringtone is actually a custom sound that I put on the SD card. Is this why it isn't working at startup and shutdown - because it hasn't found the SD card yet? Any way around this?

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
On startup the SD card isn't immediately available. Watch the notification bar next time and it will tell you specifically that it is preparing the SD card at the very end of the startup. If your custom notification is on the SD card then that's why you'll get that other tone during startup.

You'll also get it when unmounting the SD card (for the very same reason).

solar

Reaction score

That doesn't seem to be happening with me. I have my default notification ringtone set, and it's what I hear when I receive a text message or a voicemail.

But whenever I turn the phone on or off, I get some annoying beeping sound. I even listened to all the available notification ringtones on my phone, and the beeping sound isn't even one of them.

Edited to add:
I used to hear the "Droid" sound when turning the phone on and off. But ever since I changed my default notification ringtone, I'm getting the beeping instead, when I turn the phone on and off. But my default sound works for everything else.

Edited again to add:
My notification ringtone is actually a custom sound that I put on the SD card. Is this why it isn't working at startup and shutdown - because it hasn't found the SD card yet? Any way around this?

Hmm, I haven't head of that before. Thats weird. No, I use custom sounds as well, so it shoudn't cause that. I'm not really sure what would cause that. I've had an unexplainable camera issue before and the only way I could correct it was to do a factory reset. Its always an option and will likely fix the problem, but hopefully someone will have an easier explaination. :)

OP
A

akingstrash

Reaction score
On startup the SD card isn't immediately available. Watch the notification bar next time and it will tell you specifically that it is preparing the SD card at the very end of the startup. If your custom notification is on the SD card then that's why you'll get that other tone during startup.

You'll also get it when unmounting the SD card (for the very same reason).

is there any way to put custom sounds straight on the phone so that the SD card isnt required?