Droid on it's Way, When do I disconnect Sprint?

geomark

Reaction score
Well, after weeks of trying to decide between a Droid and an iPhone, Droid wins. The price was pretty much the same for me since I get discounts from my employer ($199, 58/mo) but what kept me on the edge was that the iPhone would have worked better with my in-car bluetooth. I am hoping droid comes out with a patch but regardless, I think the Droid will work better for me.

Anyway, it's on overnight shipping and I will ditch work to be home tomorrow when the FedEx Lady arrives. So my question is when do I call Sprint (my prev carrier) to stop service. I told VZ to port my number. I know it comes inactivated but is there a special step you need to take?

Can't wait...:icon_ banana:

OP
G

geomark

Reaction score
Nobody has ported their number? :icon_eek: I guess I'll just call them when the Droid lands. :greendroid: Thx. I guess. :icon_ devil:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nobody has ported their number? :icon_eek: I guess I'll just call them when the Droid lands. :greendroid: Thx. I guess. :icon_ devil:

Sorry for the slow response. Once you get the Droid just activate the new device. VZW will port the number for you. You may get a temporary number while the change takes affect but no biggie. Then you'll get notification that the port over is done. Then call Sprint and cancel service. It won't take very long. Have a great day :icon_ banana:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Yeah, exactly what Miami said !!!

!!! Welcome to DroidForums "geomark" !!!​

I am sure, being a former sprint customer myself, you are going to be pretty happy with VZW service. I know you are going to love the Droid too.

Welcome aboard, we hope you enjoy your time in the forums. !!!

BillTheCat

Reaction score
Yep- as soon as you can verify that your number has successfully ported, call & cancel the old service.