Droid on computure:

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by yankees2009, May 21, 2010.

1. yankees2009

yankees2009 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How can I get my phone to show up onto the computure? Im trying to Insrall "Dark Edge" onto my phone and when I was watching the guys video I saw that he had his phone on his computure? How can I do this?

2. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    connect via usb, pull down your notification drawer and hit the "usb connected" box and it will ask you if you want to mount the sdcard, click mount.

3. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Ratings:
    +6
    If your referring to the image of his phone in the video, that was actually a second camera edited in.

4. yankees2009

yankees2009 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya thats what im talking about B-Unit! Do I have to ohave a webcam or something?

5. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I haven't seen the videos to know how it was done, but if it was done as mentioned above, you could use the same camera. Record your PC, then record your phone. Then sync them together later. Or...you could use two cameras, which would be the simpler option.

androidscreencast - Project Hosting on Google Code <-- allows you to control your phone from your PC. It is slow, buggy, and probably can't do a lot of things. But this would make filming a bit easier if you had a large enough PC monitor. As you could just keep it open while you do what you do on your PC.

There is a way to do it through the SDK as well, but you have to manually refresh it. I have seen videos use this method before.