Droid Obsolete?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think there has been any demonstration that the N1 is better then the Droid. Even taking the lack of a physical key board out of the equation, if the N1 gets a few more bells and whistles it just doesn't matter to me.

As stated there is always going to be something new in the market. Apple doesn't put out a new phone every other month but with Androids open platforms you can expect this to happen. Doesn't mean your phone is obsolete. Just means another advancement in technology. Even if a Droid 2 comes out your Droid would still not be obsolete.

It gets obsolete when it's used as a paperweight. Like my Blackberry Storm. Anyone want to give me 100 bucks for it? Doubt it. Now that's obsolete.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If not this week then next week. If not next week then next month. Sooner or later something will come along that will be better. After all, isn't that what happened to the iPhone when the Droid came out?
icon12.gif

It will be obsolete when it no longer serves its purpose. Since day one when my phone rang or I had to call someone it worked. Email comes in, text messages work. What other sort of functionality do you expect from it? Oh yeah, it gets me where I'm going so I don't get lost.

If you want the latest and greatest that is called being on the cutting edge and while the official updates have not delivered the latest and greatest software my phone currently has live wallpapers, it has a multi-touch browser, it does voice to text keyboard, it does wifi tethering.

Furthermore, it has a faster performance and a longer battery life than it did when I first got it. How many other items have your purchased in the last couple of years (or ever) that you can say that about?

As a gadget it has not lost its charm and almost daily I'm tinkering around with it.

My phone has more technology on it than when I bought it. It actually has more on it today than it did yesterday afternoon (thank you Adamz for SG5.0 and thanks to the other devs for the various roms many of us make use of)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I haven't seen a phone yet that makes my Droid obsolete.

barryp3403

Reaction score
Another thing the N1 doesn't have

I love the speaker on the Droid. I use it with the multimedia dock as an alarm clock/night time MP3 player, music streamer. The N1 has a faster processor and a very nice display but the speaker is very tinny compared to my Droid. I love this darn phone. If only they would fix the bluetooth so it was compatible with my 2007 Nissan's built in bluetooth I would have no complaints what so ever!

kenyx123

Reaction score
As long as were all here talking and tinkering with them they are not obsolete or even close to it. Also I think most of us here have the live wallpapers and wifi tethering, If you don't your not putting in you time in the forums. The Droid really does do just about everthing.

cuskit

Reaction score
Using the New Every Two from VZW works for me. If something newer and better comes along in between - it won't be a monumental advance, and if it should - I'd pay the price to upgrade early. Meanwhile - as long as we can continue upgrading the Android System - we'll be mostly up to date. Perhaps a bit slower - but hey, mobile use is not really a race!

Which reminds me - I heard 2.1 is being released later today! :icon_ poke:

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: ;) mike

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The 1ghz snapdragon doesn't push my Droid to obsolescence.... but the 1.5ghz snapdragons coming might :icon_ devil: (j/k)