1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DROID Notification Sound

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Bilgediver, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

It seems odd that a Motorola Droid phone NOT have it under Notifications....I was bummed when I found that out.

Make sure to extract the droid.ogg sound from the attached .zip and have it somewhere on your SD card if you wish to do it completely by phone.

If you are rooted (best)
    Use a file manager with root permissions (I had good luck with Root Explorer) put it in your /system/media/audio/notifications/ folder and reboot. Once you reboot it should be in the notification list.

If you do not have root
    Please note you might have to reset it when you reboot because its placed on your sd card.

Place the droid.ogg file under /sdcard/audio/notifications
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  2. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

I posted this because our phones don't come with it, maybe it should be stickied lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  3. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Member

Thanks a lot man! They have the droid notification sound under certain ringtone apps, but some just sounded really bad in quality, or not loud enough. This one sounds perfect :)
  4. zamdrang

zamdrang New Member

excuse my ignorance... how do you go about putting the file on the card? I figured out how to download it, found it in my files and figured out the copy function, but cant find .../sdcard/audio/notifications. what am i missing?
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Once you have it on the SD card you can use file manager to put it in the right location…..Although it seems like you can find that just by your Droid being mounted.

BTW the next update for the D2 does not have the Droid notification with it either.
  6. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

If you are rooted
    Use a file manager with root permissions (I had good luck with Root Explorer) put it in your /system/media/audio/notifications/ folder and reboot. Once you reboot it should be in the notification list.

If you do not have root

Please note you might have to reset it when you reboot because its placed on your sd card.

From a Computer:

The SD Card is already the default directory so look in /audio/notifications directory.

From your Phone:

Using a File Manager like Estrongs or Astro, also look in /audio/notifications/ directory.

If /audio/notifications/ is not there, then create a Folder on the root directory of your SD card called "audio", and a subfolder inside called "notifications"
  7. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

I went the extra mile and went to my Rooted Motorola Droid 1 and ripped the droid.ogg sound from the system/media/audio/notifications folder. I could detect no difference between the official droid.ogg from my Droid and the one I found online.

Updated OP to show the best way to do it (rooted, placed in system directory)
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  8. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Member

When you open up your memory card, it's actually under "media" first, then you'll find audio, and then notifications :)
  9. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

Meh, Audio/notifications worked as well. Maybe it looks for any audio/notifications folder to work.
  10. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

Do you have root?
    If you have root, I would recommend putting it directly on your phone.
    From your SD card, go up one directory to your "root" directory, then choose "System, then Media, then Audio, then Notifications.
  11. Kinglish

Kinglish New Member

Work well thank you!!
Search tags for this page
download droid notification sound
droid alert sound download

droid notification sound

droid notification sound download
droid notification sounds
droid notifications sound
droid ogg
droid ogg sound