Droid not syncing with gmail

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by homemadehitshow, Jan 28, 2010.

1. homemadehitshow

homemadehitshow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right now (and earlier this week) my phone is not syncing with gmail. I can see new emails on the PC and if I "refresh" the phone app they do appear but it's not auto syncing.

I have restarted the phone, and also turned on and off the sync function.

Any ideas ?

2. ti-force

ti-force New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having the same problem and this fixed it. Hopefully this will work for others.

NOTE: This will not work if you don't have your sync settings correct.

Just follow these steps:
    Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >. Select Settings. Select Applications, then Manage applications. Select Gmail Storage.
    Note: If you don't see 'Gmail Storage,' press < Menu > again, then select Filter > All. Select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted. Return to the list of applications by pressing the < Back > button on your device. Select Gmail and then select Clear data. Answer OK when prompted. Then do a restart. To restart your device, press and hold the < Power > or < End call > button, then select Power off. Press the < Power > or < End call > button to power on. Your device will re-sync with the server after restarting (this may take several minutes).

Search tags for this page
android gmail archive not syncing

android gmail do not sync

android gmail not syncing

aol email does not sync between phone and laptop
droid 4 gmail not syncing
droid not syncing contacts with gmail

droid x2 gmail not syncing