Droid not receiving OTA updates.

Chipndip829

Reaction score
I have no clue what is wrong with my phone. It seems to not be getting the verizon OTA updates. I flashed the phone back to the VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf image. Now the phone seems to be stuck on 2.01 and it's really getting annoying. Anything that I can try? I have done *228 option 1 and option 2, power cycled the phone, reflashed it, all with no luck. Thanks for your help.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well you seem computer savvy. Update the phone yourself. Goto the Official 2.2 update thread, download the file and follow the instructions.

Djanvk

Reaction score
Still don't have mine either in northern illinois, but my bid down the street got it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Chipndip829

Chipndip829

Reaction score
It's not the 2.2 that I am really asking for, it's more the 2.1 that's concerning me. To my knowledge, verizon sends out that update almost instantly once a new phone is registered on the network using *228. Maybe it's that Verizon is pushing out the 2.2 in place of the 2.1?

OP
Chipndip829

Chipndip829

Reaction score
Hmm... what Motorola program is that guy talking about? RSD Lite?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
RSD Lite is something you put on your computer, not your phone... Doing this will require you to USB link the phone to the comp.

OP
Chipndip829

Chipndip829

Reaction score
Also to add, the reason that I am reflashing my device is because I had 2.2 on the device from the manual update and I had been having problems. One of those would be that my alarm didn't go off this morning and I was late for work:sad:. Also my phone was telling me that I had full signal all day and then when I got home, I restarted my phone, then all of my text messages came in and went out.