Droid not reading my mp3 files...

oMenaceTigero

Reaction score
well I've been having this problem ever since I've gotten my droid.
I place my songs on my sd card like so: /sdcard/music/Artist/Album and then the files inside the album folder. when I go to play my music in any music apllication, they do not appear in my "library". I have tried sdrescan and that did not work.
Thanks to anyone who can help..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have all my music in iTunes and I transferred it to my Droid using Double Twist, But I have individually dropped mp3 files into my phone without using Double Twist and it works just fine. I think your problem may have to do with the tags on the mp3 files, which I've never had a problem with but seen discussed here many times.

Ever thought about downloading iTunes on your PC? It will fine those mp3 files and if there is a problem with the tags it will correct them for you. That's the only way I know how to deal with it, somebody else may have an easier way for you to do it.

OP
oMenaceTigero

oMenaceTigero

Reaction score
Yeah I've got itunes and the whole shabang, ill add them o itunes tomorrow afternoon and tell you if it fixed my problem.

D

dvdcatalyst

I place my songs on my sd card like so: /sdcard/music/Artist/Album and then the files inside the album folder. when I go to play my music in any music apllication, they do not appear in my "library". I have tried sdrescan and that did not work.
Thanks to anyone who can help..

It could be that the file path + filename is too long. Try putting some of the dropped songs in the music folder directly, and if they still do not play, try renaming them to something short, and see if that helps.