Droid not playing radio from a website...

yiannis

Reaction score
Does your droid play music from any of the stations shown at www.e-radio.gr

it's not loading wmp as my laptop does? which wmp do i need to download?

Droider

Reaction score
That site won't work. Try going to the app Market and search for: radio

I use "A Online Radio" and it works nicely. I've also tried StreamFurious and liked it. You can search thousands of world wide radio stations once you install one of these streaming radio apps.

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
it's not just this site. it's the site at all. Every site I have tried shows blue boxes bearing "?" at the place of the link that says "play" on my laptop. They are all windows media player files. They all are played with WMP for firefox. I see a sign reading "if you can't hear the stream click here" but there's nothing clickable.

I have gone to the download WMP download page and WMP 10 and 11 won't download as they are not recognized.

The app you sent me has no greek radio station that I could find. and 9 or WMP for firefox won't download because they won't install.

Kushtronics

Reaction score
I don't believe you can stream radio through the browser - just through third-party apps. I could, of course, be wrong about that though. I would guess most of the problems with streaming radio would stem from not being able to process the file-type and the software necessary to do so is not compatible with a mobile operating system.
However, this is just what I've gathered from my experience with smart-phones and the Droid, and is not necessarily based on any factual information (such as hardware/software/os specs).

Cheers,
Kushtronics

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the case that there is no WMP for Android? I don't see how you could play a windows media file without windows media player. Like trying to play and AAC (itunes) file in windows media player.. won't work.

iunknown

Reaction score
I use the radio paradise widget. I didn't know how to use it at first. It installs on your desktop and you have to press the play button to get it to start.

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
Simplicity... and common sense... things people like to do on their cell phones.

Playing videos (multiple formats)

saving attachments

sending any videos even if its a 5MB limit.

Take a photo/video/email/text/attachment... and drop into your (PHONE'S) folder, open that folder to see/retrieve/send it... SIMPLICITY

There shouldn't be a whole bunch of steps, and creating things, and downloading special Apps... to do simple things. Simple things should not be made hard to do.

I'd like to sit in with the designers who decide what a new phone should do or not do.

Reaction score
There shouldn't be a whole bunch of steps, and creating things, and downloading special Apps... to do simple things. Simple things should not be made hard to do.

I'd like to sit in with the designers who decide what a new phone should do or not do.
Downloading one app to stream music is "a whole bunch of steps"?

This phone is SUPPOSED to be hard to use because its so open-ended unlike many other phones which might have direct shortcuts to the programs the manufacturer/carrier install. I think it takes a certain type of person to enjoy an Android phone.

MikeDroid

Reaction score
How do you add more than one artist? I can only seem to add one and Pandora seems to behave differently on the Droid vs other phones. Thanks in advance!

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
Solved

Use the .asx src code from the ie explorer source page and load it on the internet radio station website moodio.

It links to the source data and loads it on a compatible video (yes video) player.

Not very heavy on battery worked well as I was driving from Baltimore to DC and back.

:icon_ banana:

Thanks to the poster who alerted me from this forum
Windows media player for droid - Android Central Forums