Droid NOOOB

Paul_PSU

Reaction score
Hey!,
Just got my first Droid phone, the HTC Incredible. I have been a crackberry junkie since the Nextel days. I had the Storm and cracked the touch screen. I looked for a used one since my contract was not up till August but the cheapest one I could find was $125. I called Verizon and told them my problem and that I was reeeeally interested in the Incredible. They bumped up my renew date to 4/26 so I could preorder online and get it for the $149 and well here I am. I love the Incredible and will never ever go back to a BB.

Paul

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum droid nooob! that's great to hear about them bumping your renewal date. mine is up in august as well. what were your exact words to them lol

OP
Paul_PSU

Paul_PSU

Reaction score
Corinacakes, Thanks!

I have a three line family plan so I kind of used that as leverage. My sons line is eligible already for new every 2 but his birthday is at the end of this month and I told them I couldn't use his because we are getting him a new phone as part of his birthday present. I said that I need my BB/smart phone for work because I work on the road and that I would appreciate it if they could help me out. I told the rep that if they can't then my only option would be to go to ATT and get an IPhone because I really can't be without it for work. I then said that if that is the case then I would also just cancel my sons line, get him an IPhone since his contract is already up and then when my wife's is up in Sept cancel hers as well and move her over. I stressed I didn't want to do that because I really liked Verizon but have no choice if I can't replace my BB now. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes came back and told me she could get her supervisor to push my date up If I wanted to get the Incredible...:)

Snakedoc

Reaction score
Thats smart, im sure they would rather loose one upgrade than a whole customer.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol that's awesome. i have 3 lines and a netbook with mobile broadband. i'm sure that will work for me too!