Droid Noob Question

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by ZackTheChin, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ZackTheChin

ZackTheChin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pardon me for asking, but I'm extremely curious to know about themes.
    Are themes run as individual apps, like you need to have one running and it alters the appearance, or is there some sort of menu option?
    I don't have a droid yet, but hopefully it should come this week.

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Normally they are small apps that you install and they then make changes to the rom you are running. Thus the appearance is changed until you install another rom or another theme.

3. aDroidman

aDroidman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Themes are like a program that runs in the background on a computer. If But themes you mean changing the way the phone looks. Yea it is an app but its all most like a layer over the stock theme. It acts like an app only it changes the way the phone looks.

4. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    As BayouFlyFisher said you can apply a theme that makes modifications to the graphics in one or many apps, to get a common look (theme) across them all.

To do this you need to have a rooted phone. But there are also methods to theme your phone, customizing it, to your liking without rooting too. BetterCut is an app that lets you replace the icons for any app with your own. Do that and change your background and you can create your own theme.

Launchers manage your app drawer, number of desktop screens, icons, etc. Launcher Pro, Helix and others abound in the market place. SweeterHome is one such launcher. SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com is their homepage and you can review some prebuilt themes at sweeterskins.net – themes and news about Sweeter Home too.

5. ZackTheChin

ZackTheChin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wow, thanks for all the info haha I wasn't expecting more than a yes/no type answer.
    Cool, I can't wait even more for my droid!