Droid noise on = Make it stop!

wendee2150

Reaction score
When I shut down my phone, or turn it on, it vibrates and says "Droid" and I don't want it to do either. How do I shut that off? Also, any time I update or upload a new app, the same thing happens. Please, make it stop! I have looked everywhere for the fix...need assistance from the smart guys!

Thanks, Wendy

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hi Wendee, is your D3 rooted? I haven't investigated this problem, but in playing with the filesystem and the startup animation, I found (on my rooted droid) where that sound file is located and the instructions for changing it. I also think somewhere around here is a thread that explicitly deals with the issue.

-Matt

pistacio

Reaction score
Menu>settings>sound>notification ringtone (change to something else)
^here you could make a "silent" ringtone with an app and select that?

Menu>settings>sound>software update alert (uncheck the box)

As far as the startup sound goes, not sure of a fix.

OP
W

wendee2150

Reaction score
Menu>settings>sound>notification ringtone (change to something else)
^here you could make a "silent" ringtone with an app and select that?

Menu>settings>sound>software update alert (uncheck the box)

As far as the startup sound goes, not sure of a fix.

Software update alert already unchecked and phone is set to vibrate NEVER. Not sure why I get a tone and a vibration when I update. :(
But thanks! I am always ready to learn something new about my phone.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

doogald

Reaction score
When I shut down my phone, or turn it on, it vibrates and says "Droid" and I don't want it to do either. How do I shut that off? Also, any time I update or upload a new app, the same thing happens. Please, make it stop! I have looked everywhere for the fix...need assistance from the smart guys!

You cannot do anything about the vibrate that I know of, but if you set the phone to silent mode before you shut down, it will not use the obnoxious (IMHO) "Droid" ringtone when you start back up.

spunker88

Reaction score
If you are rooted go to /system/media and rename Droid.ogg to Droid.bak. Its probably safe to delete but I left mine just in case. This will remove the start up sound completely.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
You cannot do anything about the vibrate that I know of, but if you set the phone to silent mode before you shut down, it will not use the obnoxious (IMHO) "Droid" ringtone when you start back up.

This is correct. There is nothing you can do about the vibrate, but if you turn your phone to silent or vibrate only before you turn it off, when you go to turn it back on it will not played the DROID noise.

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
If you are rooted go to /system/media and rename Droid.ogg to Droid.bak. Its probably safe to delete but I left mine just in case. This will remove the start up sound completely.

Thank you! I'm going to give this a try later when I get home.