Droid no longer says 'DROOIIIDD' on start up?

Shade2074

Reaction score
I recently noticed that when I turn on my Motorola Droid, it no longer plays that "DROOIIDD" sound when it boots up. Instead I get some other weird little gingle. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

I read somewhere else that the camera has a bug that is on a 17 day cycle, I wonder if this could be related as well?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
go into your settings/sd card and put a check mark in the notifications for your SD card

LSegala

Reaction score
I would like it to stop saying "drrrooooid" when I power it up, but I can't find the setting to make it stop. Can someone tell me step-by-step? I've found all the other settings (I think)

LSegala

Reaction score
Here is what I've tried:

I of course looked at all the Sound & display settings and couldn't find one to turn it off.

I then tried to Select SD card & phone storage settings and all I could figure out was how to erase all the data on the card which I don't want to do.

OP
S

Shade2074

Reaction score
go into your settings/sd card and put a check mark in the notifications for your SD card

It was already checked when I went to look :(

I do get a sound at start up (sounds like a ringing phone), just not that droid sound. I've gone through and checked all my sound settings on all my apps as well as the phone's sound settings and I don't have any other ring tone selected...

Dan_Droid

Reaction score
- Go to Menu -> Settings -> Sound & display settings
- UNcheck "SD card notifications"
- That should make it stop saying DROOOOID at startup (I think)

You could probably also set your default notification sound to something other than the default Droid sound.

Xerozix

Reaction score
OK. I have found out why it isn't going "DROOOIDD" when you turn on the phone.

In your sound and settings, if you've changed the notifications ringtone, the DROOOID will be changed into whatever you set it to.

To remedy this, go back into Setting -> Sound and display settings -> Notification ringtone -> and choose Droid.

srhee

Reaction score

In your sound and settings, if you've changed the notifications ringtone, the DROOOID will be changed into whatever you set it to.

To remedy this, go back into Setting -> Sound and display settings -> Notification ringtone -> and choose Droid.

So this fix only works with the "droid" ringtone? I have another ringtone listed, and the phone doesn't produce ANY ringtone on startup, only the vibration...

just to cross reference these threads, there are a few people in my thread who are also having the same issue...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...stions/4163-no-phone-sound-startup-sound.html

OP
S

Shade2074

Reaction score
I was also able to figure out my problem. Mine was in the Handcent default notification settings. When I changed it back to default the problem was solved. This means I need ro change all th other contacts which to me seems a little tedious but at least it's all working again.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions and help!

OP
S

Shade2074

Reaction score
I wonder if tis issue is also do to another app just like mine was?

So this fix only works with the "droid" ringtone? I have another ringtone listed, and the phone doesn't produce ANY ringtone on startup, only the vibration...

just to cross reference these threads, there are a few people in my thread who are also having the same issue...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...stions/4163-no-phone-sound-startup-sound.html

srhee

Reaction score
yeah we've started to compile a list of apps we have on our phones on the other thread... I've looked into my handcent app and the notification ringtone is already set on "default notification". I've even changed the notification ringtone manually to the sound that the default notification is set at, but still no luck

Xerozix

Reaction score
Hmm. Well, when I start up my Droid, it vibrates for a split second at the droid eye, then takes me to the home menu and plays my notification tone. No vibration there. Let me take a look at the settings

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Simple answer: The "Droid" sound is simply one of the notification tones. If you want to keep hearing it go "Droid" at startup, you basically have to put up with it doing it for all notifications; unless you have a 3rd party app that allows custom notification sounds