Droid Nightmares

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by vasha, Jul 25, 2010.

1. vasha

vasha New Member

I need some serious help. My Droid hasn't been working as it should or normally does. I'm using bb 0.4 and with 800 no oc. Any ways.... My problem is very weird. My phone stopped working and I took out the battery to reset it. I plug battery in and it doesnt boot up. I worry so I plug it in multiple chargers and none work (battery light is lit though). So it doesnt power up no matter what. So I take it to Verizon and the guy puts in a battery and magically it works again. Battery dies and im stuck where I was. Any advice? Batteries getting too hot? Problem lies with the phone? This is really bugging me and right now I have a paperweight! -Thanks.
  2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

A. if your phone is running at 800 then you ARE OC (Over Clocked)
    B. my advice is with a normal wall charger plug your phone in and charge for the entire day or night so it gets a full charge.
    C. if that doesnt work then you should wipe your whole phone, take off root, etc. and exchange it for a new phone.
  3. vasha

vasha New Member

Can't boot or get into recovery. My only possible last hope I suppose is an actual battery charger. And yet I still have little hope.
  4. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

Sounds like a defective unit. When did the problem start? After you rooted? Or after you installed BB v0.4

Sent from my Droid
  5. vasha

vasha New Member

After I installed bb 4.

Edit: A few days after.
  6. schmaltzy

schmaltzy New Member

Just curious....but how do you "take off root"?

My phone works fine, but if I ever have to exchange it out how do I go about un-rooting?
  7. vasha

vasha New Member

Any other advice?
  8. SDC_Bolts

SDC_Bolts New Member

We had a Droid here at work that was acting really goofy like that, swapped out batteries and it was fine. The messed up part was the "bad" battery would work in another Droid. So could just be the battery.
  9. prowler85

prowler85 New Member

are you charging it with a usb charger? It's a documented issue with the droid that when battery gets REAL low, a usb charger won't work. Mine had this problem with the usb charger AND the wall charger - when I plugged the phone in to charge, it would start charging, turn the phone on, reboot, then shut off, and was using what power it was gaining. I had to get it to airplane mode first, turn the screen off, then let it charge. After that I don't let it get below 15-20 percent.
  10. vasha

vasha New Member

Alright. I'm going to get a battery charger and charge them. Will that work? Also as I've mentioned it wont power on/boot even when battery removed and plugged in.