Droid Nexus?

quadtronix

Reaction score
What do you guys think are the chances that there will be a Droid Nexus in the near future? With the 5 promised Nexus devices coming in November wouldn't that be sweet? Im crossing my fingers...

kdwisdom

Reaction score
What do you guys think are the chances that there will be a Droid Nexus in the near future? With the 5 promised Nexus devices coming in November wouldn't that be sweet? Im crossing my fingers...

Like a Motorola made phone that is endorsed by Google as one of their primary flagships? I doubt it, I'm sure they have great contracts with the other manufacturers :)

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

Reaction score
It wouldn't have to be Moto... Droids are not always Moto, but I hope it would be... that said, a Droid Nexus on vzw would be pretty sweet IMO. I was deciding between the razr, gnex and bionic awhile back and I chose the bionic but the nexus looked pretty good too. If they came out with a Droid Nexus i would have to see the specs but I might strongly consider it as my next phone...

sk102704

Reaction score
I kind of doubt it because the Droid lineup is essentially a way for Verizon to market their high end devices. Like most Verizon smartphones, the Droids have lots of Verizon bloatware and push their services. The Nexus is for Google to showcase their OS and don't have bloatware (although Galaxy Nexus may have had some). Its possible and it be cool but I don't see Verizon putting so much effort marketing a Droid they couldn't fill up with bloatware.

The OG Droid was virtually a Nexus device though because it was vanilla.

kdwisdom

Reaction score
I don't think I fully understand what you mean by a Nexus device, then. There is the Google Nexus phone on Verizon, so what are you referring to then?

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

Reaction score
kdwisdom said:
I don't think I fully understand what you mean by a Nexus device, then. There is the Google Nexus phone on Verizon, so what are you referring to then?

Im talking about a pure Vanilla, JB, droid branded, Nexus branded phone with little to no bloatware approved by google as an official nexus device on Vzw... Most likely exclusive to Vzw as it is a droid. :)