Droid Newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by doomerman, Apr 4, 2010.

1. doomerman

doomerman New Member

After seeing my sons Droid picked one up Friday 4/2/2010. Got the body glove and screen protectors also. Looking forward to all the apps. Any suggestions on what app to download first. Picked the phone up at about 3:00pm and had a OTA update for 2.1 at about 9:00pm is this normal to have a update so quick for a new phone?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the Droid Forum and yes, OTA updates are now going out for all Droids so it is normal for you to receive an update. My favorite app and probably most useful is Screebl. I highly recommend you download that, watch the video that comes with it so you understand how it works. There are various threads in the Applications sub forum for you to find other Apps.

Glad you found us. Please check out our FAQ's and if you can't find what you're looking for, just ask.
  3. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Welcome to the forums here. Post a couple of your hobbies, areas of interest, or things you do, as well as what made you think the phone was cool when you saw your son's and all sorts of suggestions will come your way.
  4. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Welcome, doomerman! I find your post particularly ironic as we've all been waiting for that 2.1 OTA update for months and you get it the day you buy the phone... I love that! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

5. doomerman

doomerman New Member

Thanks for all the friendly welcomes.
  6. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Welcome aboard!