Droid Newbie w/Pop3 Email issues

tonyk1

Reaction score
Hello,

My last phone (that I had waaaay too long) was a Windows mobile 6.1 phone (motoQ9h) which was a PIA and a half.

I'm about a month into being a Android/droid owner and so far enjoying it very much :)

I've got one issue so far...

Using the stock email email app on my Droid Charge, I entered the info for my cox.net email account.

I can receive new emails without issue. I can Send emails without issue.
This tells me that the pop3 and smtp settings are correct.

The problem is very odd...

When I send myself a test email (from my pc) with an attachment like a .wav or .gif, I can open it fine on my droid and see/save the attachment.

I've got cox telephone, and have it set up to email me my voicemails as as a (.wav) attachment to the email.

When I get the emails from cox with the wav file attached, I shows up on the droid as a new email, and when I click it, it starts to open, (meaning I see the little rotating circle) and then I get the error "Network Not Available".:icon_evil:

I'm stumped.

Oh yeah.. side question... When I go back to accounts, I can see where I change settings like how frequent to check the email and whether or not to add a sig line... etc.. But I don't see how to bring back up the pop3/smtp etc settings that I am using for the account in question.

Tony!

silkylabie

Reaction score
Droid 3 centurylink email connection woes

Ive followed the instructions for setting up my emails per instruction - the incoming is working fine. The outgoing isn't any clues???

deesigner2

Reaction score
cox email acct and Droid

unfortunately i have the same problem. i have reset the battery, reset the phone 228* and still the email app gets stuck. exact error message: activity mail in application mail is not responding. then i get to choose to force close or wait. this just stinks and has been so from day one of ownership. i hope we get some good ideas.

deesigner2

Reaction score
droid incredible woes

yes, do have the mail set to POP3 not IMAP. am going to kill app killer and see what that does. do u think other apps should be eliminated and then start adding one at a time? so irritating that no one else is having this problem as it makes it harder to troubleshoot. Did clear the cache on the apps. seemed a little better over the weekend, but by yesterday back to some forced app closures.
VZ confirms I am in a "dead zone" but that should make apps run slower (does) but not force closures.

JAldrich

Reaction score
Don't save SMTP

Hi, everyone... hope I'm posting in the correct forum/message list. I'm an IT Manager for a small company in North Georgia. We do not supply our users with cell phones, and I have to support everyone's smart phones. One of my users has an LG Vortex and they want to know how to disable leaving a copy of sent messages on the server, as every so often they have to go in and clean out their sent emails.
We are on Pop3/SMTP. Is there any way to disable leaving a copy of sent messages or is this on the server side?
Thanks!