Droid newbie, Charge and Email problem

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Sleepy1, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Sleepy1

Sleepy1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am coming from a BB to the droid and so far I don't like it and plan on returning it today. I have comcast Internet at home therefor I use my comcast email and am having a problem. For the first few days with the droid my emails were being deleted every night and it wasn't by me. I deleted my email acct and started over with it, I noticed that the 2nd time I set it up I went thru the manual setup and it asked me for the POP3 info like it should so I set it up and it worked fine........for a few days. Yesterday I noticed that I all my email was gone once again and a few of them I need to keep to look back at. I would reforward them from my pc, hit the "load more messages" button and they would disappear again, this went on for 4 tries. The last time I forwarded them to myself again before going to bed and I left the phone alone. I got up ready to go to work and wadda ya know, yep, they were gone again.

Why does this happen? I have looked and looked and there are no other optioons or settings for me to change anywhere that I can find. I do have it set to "never" remove mail from server. I'm like a lot of other and like the BB email setup compared to this junk. I like the Droid phone but if I can't keep emails on it then I don't want it. I'm already sick of it. If it is something with the phone itself then which other would you guys recommend me to try when I return it.

Sorry if this is a repeated asked question, I'm sure I'm not the first with this problem.

2. supermandroid

supermandroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto X 2nd Gen
    I don't have a Droid Charge, but I do have the Droid X. I have corporate email, Hotmail, and a Gmail all that seem to work fine.

The first thing I would suggest is to download the K9 Email app, and then try to put in your settings from there. The app is free on the market, and it is what I use for my Hotmail account.

I've never had much luck with the standard "Email" account setup, but I really like the way K9 works so I've just never looked back! I understand a lot of people coming from Blackberry don't like Android's email.

Search tags for this page
configure msn email on samsung droid charge

droid charge email problems

droid charge email problems comcast
email problems with samsung droid
remove load more messages from droid charge
samsung charge comcast e-mail settings

samsung charge email problems

samsung droid charge aol email problems
samsung droid charge email problems
samsung droid email problems