Droid needs to get the Incredibles Cut and Paste

mjs31

Reaction score
My wife is taking my Droid so I will still be using it a lot. The Incredibles cut and paste is amazing. Wonder if someone could find a way to bring it over to the Droid?

JayCizzo

Reaction score
Can you describe how the cut and paste works on the Incredible?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My wife is taking my Droid so I will still be using it a lot. The Incredibles cut and paste is amazing. Wonder if someone could find a way to bring it over to the Droid?

Well, hopefully the desire rom will be fully functional soon. Then you will have it.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score

Basically you long press and it brings up a magnifying glass showing the words. Select where you want to start and it shows highlight and then gives you a drag icon above and below the word. You can basically drag each one to the left right up down with ease. Pinpoint accuracy and ease of what you want. Then you select to copy it, share it or look it up in dictionary, wikipedia etc.

JayCizzo

Reaction score

Basically you long press and it brings up a magnifying glass showing the words. Select where you want to start and it shows highlight and then gives you a drag icon above and below the word. You can basically drag each one to the left right up down with ease. Pinpoint accuracy and ease of what you want. Then you select to copy it, share it or look it up in dictionary, wikipedia etc.

Thanks. Sounds great. My wife's Droid Incredible just arrive today. Can't wait to get home from work and mess around with it.

iPirate

Reaction score
I think I've used copy paste once in the time I've had my phone lol

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

As a moderator, I use it frequently. Basically I just cut and copy URL's so that's easy to do on the Droid.

I wish Droid would have this feature as well. That's definitely a plus for the Incredible.

Sodner

Reaction score
I have tried to use the Droid's cut and paste a few times and it is very difficult to be accurate.

gatewayad

Reaction score
It soulds like it's similar to the blackberry cut n paste, which was great and so easy. Using my droid for business emails cut n paste is a necessity and a real pain on the droid and have had to get by without it for the last 6 months. I'll just keep waiting

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
It soulds like it's similar to the blackberry cut n paste, which was great and so easy. Using my droid for business emails cut n paste is a necessity and a real pain on the droid and have had to get by without it for the last 6 months. I'll just keep waiting

I would almost call it a mix between the BB and Iphone one. Just simple to use.

iPirate

Reaction score

As a moderator, I use it frequently. Basically I just cut and copy URL's so that's easy to do on the Droid.

I wish Droid would have this feature as well. That's definitely a plus for the Incredible.
Is there a video?

The Droid's copy and paste seems to be accurate when copying something from note pad.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
The OP is spot on. I tried it out on my wife's Incredible last night. Very nice feature.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I agree, I don't use it often, but when I want to use it, it's diffcult.

That's actualkly the only thing my BB curve did better than the droid.

broosewee

Reaction score
I don't use Droid's C&P much either, but that's because it's a PITA and sometimes useless.

Bring on this new implementation and it'll be used more frequently, for sure.