Droid Nandroid Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by AJRAS, Apr 17, 2010.

1. AJRAS

AJRAS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before any one gets all pissy i DID search the forms for 1 of these and found it only about the G1...im not sure if its the same process as the droid so i just thought i'd put this out there to see. If it is the same could someone put a copy of instructions here so others can find this 2.

I know u need to be rooted and you need some special software.

A walk threw for noobs would be very nice(with links for the software to download)

2. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there!

You say you want nandroid help, but I don't know what it is you want. You know about rooting, so maybe the first link in my signature is a good guide for what you'd do to get a rom installed. There are steps for sprecovery that covers nandroid backups.

3. AJRAS

AJRAS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :blackberry:

I mean like so if i totallt screw up my phone then i can restop it to a previously working state

4. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you can. So long as you have SPRecovery or ClockWork Recovery you can use Nandroid restore to restore your backup.

If you never allow the over-the-air (OTA) 2.1 update, you can ALWAYS recover with either of these from Nandroid backups.

If you DO allow the OTA backup, you can then flash the SPRecovery SBF if you have a windoze box, and then restore the backups.

so..

1. DO A FULL NANDROID BACKUP. That's "advanced nandroid backup" and select data, system, and recovery.

2. Have fun.

E

5. sicilianbadguy

sicilianbadguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my issue is how do download and install nandroid on my device?

6. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Your issue is that you've never posted before in this thread.

Try DMupdater.

E

7. AJRAS

AJRAS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im with him on that (im sort of a noob on these nandroid backups)

PS u forgot to post links on the software to download

8. killabyte

killabyte Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    maybe they've already tried droidmod and want to try another rom? maybe they're like me and instead of having something that does everything for you they're trying to figure it out for themselves, step by step? i just got done removing droidmod so i could go through this for myself.

the first thing you will need to do is make sure you are back at/to factory settings. so if you've done anything to your phone at all i would put it back to factory settings. if you are completely new to this and it gets to be too confusing then i would honestly say give droidmod a run. it does everything for you and is a decent rom. very easy to install and return to factory settings when/if you want to.
    DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does.

if for whatever reason you're not already rooted, then you need to do that first.
    Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid

next thing is to follow this guide to get sprecovery which is what you use to make your nandroid backups.
    Custom Recovery Image | Root Your Droid

after that you should pretty much be set to read up and find whichever rom is right for you and then have at it.

instead of linking you to matth3w's guide as they did above i'm linking you to another site because to me it's just an easier read and as a result it makes it easier to comprehend.