1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid MultiMedia Station problem...

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by Foreverrr, May 11, 2010.

1. Foreverrr

Foreverrr New Member

I just purchased the Multi Media station for my droid today and whenever i connect my droid to it, my droid opens up car home, and not the clock thing.

what can i do to fix this?
  2. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

It's not the Dock it's your Droid - the Dock simply charges your phone and has a magnet to activate the clock mode.

I would call support... this is the first time I've heard of this.
  3. ezeStand

ezeStand New Member

It is possible that the magnet which is embedded in Multi Media station was installed backwards. The polarity of the magnet is the only difference between the Multimedia Mode and the Car Mode. You may be able to remove the cover on the dock and flip the magnet around. Again this is just a possibility of what the issue is. It could be the phone as well as I would think Motorola would have a quality check on the magnet polarity. Good luck!
  4. Sweet Kitten Feet

Sweet Kitten Feet New Member

Actually it could be the dock or the phone. It chooses the mode based on the polarity of the magnet. Either the magnet in your phone or in your dock is turned the wrong way. I'd lean towards the dock magnet being wrong. Test it on another one to verify.

BOOOOOOOO. EZESTAND
    BOOOOOOOOO. You beat me to it.
Search tags for this page

droid x multimedia station problems

multimedia station for droid x not working