DROID Multimedia Dock Erases All Desktops

atpav8r

Reaction score
I just started using the multimedia dock recently. After undocking the multimedia screen disappears and the only thing displayed on the home screen is the current wallpaper. No apps or widgets appear on any of the three desktops where there used to be many. Has anyone else had this issue? Looking for help.:greendroid:

masterxchief

Reaction score
I just started using the multimedia dock recently. After undocking the multimedia screen disappears and the only thing displayed on the home screen is the current wallpaper. No apps or widgets appear on any of the three desktops where there used to be many. Has anyone else had this issue? Looking for help.:greendroid:

Happens to me all the time but everything should load right back up on your homescreens. Are you using a home replacement app?

OP
A

atpav8r

Reaction score
I don't have a home replacement app. Can you recommend a good one? Sometimes after undocking the home screen NEVER appears and I have to do a power down /power up and wait up to 15 minutes.

masterxchief

Reaction score
What I've concluded from using the dock is that due to the large memory footprint of the clock app that runs when you dock the phone causes the OS to start killing off processes to free up memory and sadly the it seems like the launcher app also gets killed. This is why when you undock your icons and widgets take some time to load and in your case not load at all at times.

I use launcherpro beta as my home replacement app. It is probably the best one out right now. You can find it in the market. It has to reload whenever you undock but it does it pretty quickly like within a few seconds. If you are going to use it, I recommend you clean out the widgets and anything else on your current launcher/homescreens.