1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DROID: Much More Than Meets The Eye

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by OPTIMUS124, Mar 24, 2010.

1. OPTIMUS124

OPTIMUS124 New Member

Hello Everyone,

Name's Rich. I purchased the Motorola Droid today from Amazon as it was too good a deal to pass up. I'm real big on open source development and didn't want a smart phone till I could legitimately make it a workhorse. I look forward to being on the boards.
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Welcome OPTIMUS :)

Enjoy the forums
  3. christim

christim Super Moderator

If you develop that's always good news for Android. It will be cool to see what new uses and apps come up in the near future. If you're just big into using open source that's cool too as that also entourages the developers. I don't know if you can get anymore open source than this phone. Welcome and enjoy your stay!
  4. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

Welcome to the neighborhood, Rich! Glad to have you here! You'll find this forum to be full of very friendly, helpful folks. I must warn you, however, that both the Droid and this forum are very addictive, as you'll soon learn.... So come on in and make yourself at home! Hope you enjoy that new toy of yours!

:welcome:
  5. OPTIMUS124

OPTIMUS124 New Member

Thanks everyone. I haven't done any programming since I was in college (Aug 2006 was grad date). I started as an engineering major and switched into IT. I'm in Project Management full time, but owning this phone may make me start developing. Is there an SDK for this thing, or you kinda wing it from scratch?
  6. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yes sir :)

You'll find everything you need here