Droid Mod Updater

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by superglen99, Feb 21, 2010.

1. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have searched and didn't get the answer I was looking for. So sholes is now droidmod.org and I went there on my Droid and downloaded the file in the link of that site dmupdater-10.apk. My question is, does this root, AND make the necessary backup of how my phone is NOW as opposed to "stock" if I want to un-root? I am a bit confused with all these threads about sprecovery and nandroid and it looks like the DMupdater-10 does this stuff for you? Do I still need to do the sprecovery and nandroid? and how so if I do? Also lets say I root and install the DM Rom and want to switch, how to I go about flashing a new ROM? thanks in advance.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Please don't take offense when I say this but if you are asking these kind of questions then either you're not understanding what you're reading or you haven't read through the material available.

Now i don't know if droidmod is in the market yet or not but if it is, that's probably the best way for you to do this if you feel you must. I have rooted and returned to stock twice now and I wouldn't have been able to do it without the then sholesmod.

So what you might want to do is go back and read some more or simply have some patience and pay the 5.00 for the droidmod to do it for you.

3. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes, it makes a backup of your current configuration using nandroid
    Yes, it allows you to go "back to stock" if you want to
    Yes, it automates a lot of the process
    SPRecovery & Nandroid are an integral part of the process

I recommend reading the SMUpdater posts thoroughly before you start.

4. joshua117

joshua117 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm going to have to agree with hook on this. i would do a lot of reading (took me more than a week before i felt semi comfortable). i am not sure if droidmod has hit the market yet or not but for a lot of people the $5 is more than worth it. it will do almost everything for you including root. to answer your question about sprecovery and nandroid yes they are in the download you have.
    well what ever you decide good luck, you will love it after your done.

5. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did a good amount of reading but posted this cause it was not clear to me about the nandroid and sprecovery. Smupdater is not in the market but the .apk file is now free at droidmod.org and I would go this root to avoid bricking my phone. What about roms though? Bugless beast looks pretty sweet.

6. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and I figure I would have to setup my screens all over again after I root and install the dmupdater rom?

7. joshua117

joshua117 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well droidmod is it own rom 2.0.5 is the latest official, and 2.0.6 is the latest beta. if i'm wrong someone correct me. as for the home screens yes if you do a wipe, no if not (maybe the widgets)

8. jklein92

jklein92 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    link

the link to get to the website for the download, doesnt work for me what do i do?

9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    :welcome: to the Forum and thanks for searching. This is no longer available. What is available now is called z4Root. You can get it at XDA Developers, but please make sure that it will work with your phone. There is a compatibility list there.

10. jklein92

jklein92 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    droid eris isnt there...any alternative options, do u know if the appraisal trade-in will still work if i have a rooted droid eris?

Search tags for this page
dm updater apk

droid mod updater

droid mod updater 2
droid mod updater apk
droid mod updater download

droidmod

droidmod apk
droidmod apk download

droidmod updater

droidmod.org