Droid MOD Project Durden is almost stable

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by WoZzY, Jul 11, 2010.

1. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    this is major News as this mean the droid mod team may be making a release within the next 2 weeks as I am very excited about this as
    I have always been a droid mod fan ...They were my first rom they helped me root it & will be flashing back as soon as they release Project Durden

We’re at a point where the ROM is very near to being stable. We’re having issues with tethering causing the phone to reboot, but for the most part everything is working fairly well. For those interested in building the ROM from source to get an early glimpse of what it will look like, here’s what you’ll need to know:
    First, read the guide for downloading the AOSP source code (you can swap the repo init command with the one below now, or do it later): Get Android Source Code | Android Open Source
    You can avoid having to run adb as root by adding a udev rule; directions here: Developing on a Device | Android Developers
    Ubuntu 10.04 users: the udev syntax changed, use: SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="22b8", MODE="0666"
    Downloading the Durden source can be done with the following repo commands:
    $ repo init -u git://git.droiddev.org/platform/manifest.git
    $ repo sync
    In addition to the Durden source, you will need two patches that we’ve submitted to AOSP, but have not yet been reviewed:
    $ repo download hardware/ti/omap3 15700/1
    $ repo download external/sqlite 15724/1
    Every time you open a new terminal, you will have to run these commands to configure your environment:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh
    $ lunch droidmod_sholes-eng
    Now you’re ready to run the build!
    $ make otapackage
    If you can live without wifi, deleting /system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko will stop the reboots caused by the bad tethering config.
    If you’d like to make changes and contribute back to the project, we use Gerrit at Gerrit Code Review, and the process for uploading changes is the same as for AOSP. You can read the guide to contributing to AOSP here:
    Android Contributors' Workflow | Android Open Source

DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does.

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet. Though I'm more interested in kernel and recovery news.

I will definitely try this though :)

3. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Thanks again Wozzy...you are officially the Droid Mod point man : )

I'll definitely be checking this out on release....

4. leoiden

leoiden New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    does this make any sense
    we have heard this over and over and over and over pure hype!!!!!!!!

5. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    do you realize how long it takes to compile a rom from source it is a very long length process an these guys have jobs lifes gf's & family they do this in there spare time & yes it may be some hype but that goes back to everyone spreading rumors that the project was dead so now they are posting more news but anyways I was talking to camel in the droidmod irc earlier & he said that the rom is stable it is just the kernel that is giving them problems right now the rom is written once these new patches are put onto the rom they will test for a week then possibly tie up some odds & ends on the rom & then gift wrap make it look pretty & then launch it ..... as if durden lives up to all this hype it will be most likely be the most epic froyo rom to date

Just throwing it out there but there is a great chance of the droid mod team beating cyanogenmod to the release of a stable source built Rom ... as I have heard from a buddy who has been talking to the cyanogenmod team they are still haveign some source issues such as FC's an other issues so 0nly time will tell

6. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    Hmm. Try doing it yourself and see if you can get it done faster before you criticize. I personally have been bangin my head into a wall for a week just trying to keep my repo in sync and compile this stuff just once so I can look at it.

good luck

7. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    I also found on their wiki site a guide to compile durden. It contains most the same stuff as the OP but some extras to make sure you do it right. From the looks of the wiki page pthance has done most of it with some edits and help from dave_lister.

compile_durden_source [DroidMod Wiki]

8. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice to see it alive....

9. neemo6

neemo6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been waiting for this a long time now, as ive tried other roms and simply did not like them and ive been on dm since it released.

10. BullDroid

BullDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ummmm isn't Sapphire built completely from source? ANd super stable? actually I can attest to the super stability as it is my Rom of choice. Anyways very glad to hear that DroidMod is getting back in the scene they have been absent for too long IMO!