1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Mod and Google Maps

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by csparrow55, Mar 5, 2010.

1. csparrow55

csparrow55 New Member

Rooted phone using Droid Mod. Everything worked ok except for Google Maps which seemed to lose its voice.I uninstalled and attempted to re-download from Market. Market says it is already installed and the "open" and "unisnstall" tabs are grayed out. I un-rooted and went back to stock v2.0.1 and Maps worked perfectly. When I re-rooted and went back to Droid Mod v1, I was still unable to re-download Maps. Can someone make suggestions because I really liked what Droid Mod had to offer
  2. CoyG

CoyG New Member

what selection did you make when it asked if your maps was not working during the root process?
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Apparently it was the wrong choice.:) Go back to stock and try again.
  4. csparrow55

csparrow55 New Member

I re-rooted a couple of times. I checked no and then yes. Still unable to re-download Maps
  5. CoyG

CoyG New Member

I really don't know man. its been awhile since i rooted my phone with droidmod.. on the section wher you choose which applications to uninstall was maps in there? if so you can probably get around the problem without having to install it from the market.
  6. csparrow55

csparrow55 New Member

That would have been too easy. No there is no Maps option.
  7. CoyG

CoyG New Member

ok, so i went over your original post.. is the only problem you're having the voice not working when tyre use the maps?
  8. csparrow55

csparrow55 New Member

That was the origial problem. After I uninstalled, Market wont let me re-install ( says it is already installed on my phone). When I un-root, Maps works perfectly when I go back to stock,
  9. CoyG

CoyG New Member

well, i think i know what to do for the voice but not being able to install it is kinda weird. only thing i can think of is rooting again and selecting 'no' when the maps question comes up. also when you choose to select apps to uninstall make sure car dock is not selected. when your phone is some rooting go to car home and it should tell you to instal some kind of voice app. i did all of that and my maps work perfectly.
  10. superglen99

superglen99 New Member

Yeah the first time I ran maps after root it automatically asked me to download some voice app to make it work and I did and it works great.
  11. loophole

loophole New Member

yep, my maps kept force closing after rooting but after uninstall/reinstall its working just fine. might try a different rooting process? I used the noob friendly guide from here on the first day I bought the droid with no issues. gl
  12. csparrow55

csparrow55 New Member

Well, last night I finally solved the problem. I re-rooted and was looking through Manage Applications and I noticed a bunch of apps starting with the prefix com.
    These were all the apps removed by DroidMod and wonder of wonders there was one for Maps. I unistalled it and was then able to re-download Maps from Market. As soon as I opened the app I was directed to download the voice synthesizer from Market. Everything working fine now. Thanks for the responces. :) :) :)
  13. speed4tu

speed4tu New Member

I had to do the same thing. Been working great ever since this and Droidmod