Droid mind of its own

alicia051703

Reaction score
I have been having issues with my phone. It doesn't matter if I am touching it or not, if it is unlocked, it will go nuts. Apps will open and close on their own, the browser will open and close, the notification bar...etc. If you watch it, it is almost like an invisible person is touching the screen. Buttons turn orange like they are pressed, blank facebook comments are entered, and even apps are downloaded. It is weird. It is like it is being controlled from a remote location.

I called verizon, and they said they will send me a new one for free, but I was just wondering if there was something I can do to prevent this from happening to the new one. It is annoying.

JCo352

Reaction score
You're not using an aftermarket charger are you?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
JCo352 is right. If you're using anything other than the charger that came with the Droid or one sold to you by Verizon, it can cause issues just like you're describing. We've seen a hundred posts on it. Is that a possibility?

OP
A

alicia051703

Reaction score
I have (on a couple of occasions) used a charger in my car that is for an MP3 player via a usb port into my cigarette lighter. With my new one I will definitely not do that anymore! I didn't realize it could cause such a hassle. Is there a car charger I can buy for droid that will not do this?

JCo352

Reaction score
Yes one from verizon. But you don't have a bad Droid, if you just stop using that charger, your problems should stop as well.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have (on a couple of occasions) used a charger in my car that is for an MP3 player via a usb port into my cigarette lighter. With my new one I will definitely not do that anymore! I didn't realize it could cause such a hassle. Is there a car charger I can buy for droid that will not do this?

AHA! Good that you know what caused it! Yes, there are lots of threads on this. Here's the one I was looking for. It gives you the specs. Personally, I'd just go to Verizon and get the car charger from them, but that's up to you. We've heard some nasty stuff about what a bad charger can do to a Droid. Glad you were able to figure it out!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/14445-just-quick-charging-question.html

OP
A

alicia051703

Reaction score
Well, I have to get a new one anyway...I dropped it and now the right side of the screen is unresponsive, so i am constantly having to turn it to use certain things. It is annoying. This was just something that I wanted to make sure I didn't do to my new one. Now, just to find a rubber casing so I don't hurt it again. I go through cell phones like underwear. Thanks everyone! :)