Droid Messed up

stoupr

Reaction score
The first time I got the 2.2 update it failed, because I did not have it plugged in like I thought. I waited for the update to come through again and it it did not get as far as the first one and it had power the whole time.

Moto said to do a factory reset, but it sticks on the M screen. I took it to the store and they started removing my apps thinking one of those was the problem. That did not work either. They tried to do a hard reset and it sticks as well. They then thought it was a sync issue with my account. It says sync error, but everything is synced.

They finally gave up after three hours. It is a corporate phone, so they could not replace it. I am thinking the first failed download must have corrupted something.

Ideas?

TaliWacker

Reaction score
Is the phone still in your possession? If it is I can tell you how to fix it.

OP
S

stoupr

Reaction score
Yes it is. I keep trying and trying. I might be able to get an exchange next week, but it is killing me right now. I would rather fix it. I hate that they took off all my apps, but I guess they needed cleaned up anyway.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your apps are associated with your Google account so you should be able to retrieve. If they do not restore open the market, tap menu, tap downloads

TaliWacker

Reaction score
Here yah go...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

Download RSD Lite, then the drivers for either a 64-bit os or 32-bit. Scroll down to box option number 5 and download moto_droid2.01.sbf file. Connect your droid to your pc open up rsd lite. Follow the directions listed. You'll have a phone with android os 2.0.1. Let me know if you do this successfully, and well install 2.2 update next.

OP
S

stoupr

Reaction score
Your apps are associated with your Google account so you should be able to retrieve. If they do not restore open the market, tap menu, tap downloads

Thanks! Most of them are. That will be nice if I get the phone reset or they give me a different phone. I can't believe the store is unable to reset a phone.

OP
S

stoupr

Reaction score
Here yah go...

Download RSD Lite, then the drivers for either a 64-bit os or 32-bit. Scroll down to box option number 5 and download moto_droid2.01.sbf file. Connect your droid to your pc open up rsd lite. Follow the directions listed. You'll have a phone with android os 2.0.1. Let me know if you do this successfully, and well install 2.2 update next.

Thanks! I will give it a try in a bit and let you know.

OP
S

stoupr

Reaction score
Here yah go...

Thanks everyone! I am up again and at 2.2. If I would have come here first, I would have saved many hours.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:nod: ....