Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm thinking after two damaged phones now, it's probably time to purchase the extra insurance to cover these types of damages. It's WELL worth the money, headache & piece of mind imho. Good luck & let us know how it goes. :thumbup:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The new insurance plan vzw has, that includes malware and Antivirus protection.. Remote lock and wipe, as well as location services... Is 10$ per month I think.. And it has next day replacement if lost, stolen or even dropped I think..

You'd want to check for details. . Or Jackie probably knows..

Justinc

Reaction score
To start things off, the part I ended up swapping is what I believe to be the X8 computing system band, taped to the battery, yellow-ish in color and connected to the mother board. I saw what looked to be a short in the strip that connects to mother board so I carefully removed the known good one and installed it in the phone that got slightly wet, however, no luck as it still did not turn on. Would the phone know that its not connected to the original computing system and lock me out, or does it not care? Is there anything else that I can swap to try to get this thing to fire back up? I was thinking about swapping batteries just for the heck of it, thinking maybe the battery shorted out too. If that doesn't work then I'm just going to pony up and get a new one, which I planned to do anyways but I really wanted to fire it up just to quickly back up whats on it to my PC, but if for some reason it was working fine then that would be great too.

Sorry to the OP for hijacking original thread.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The new insurance plan vzw has, that includes malware and Antivirus protection.. Remote lock and wipe, as well as location services... Is 10$ per month I think.. And it has next day replacement if lost, stolen or even dropped I think..

You'd want to check for details. . Or Jackie probably knows..
Yep, $10 and gives you a butt load of features. Remote lock/wipe, tech support ($7/month itself), normal Asurion protection, Verizon Antivirus. If you don't want all that, you can still get the plain Asurion (at least it still shows in my system when activating phones) but I don't recall what the price is.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Fonzz

Reaction score
I get the feeling that a lot of people carrying insurance plans on their phones, don't realize how high their deductible is if they need replacement.
After paying for years of insurance, once I bought a new phone, I decided my "insurance" would consist of keeping my perfectly working Bionic, handy and ready to replace within minutes with a quick call to Verizon. I'll be back online, not waiting for a new phone to be shipped overnight, or the day after that (that will happen if you call in late at night, think about it). Has anyone called Asurion late on a Saturday evening to request an insurance replacement phone? I'm thinking it may not be received in this scenario until Tuesday!
I've always been very careful with my phones!
Not knocking having insurance on an expensive smartphone, it is a good idea. For me, my plan fits like a glove and fills me with confidence.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The price for insurance in the US is outrageous. Here in Thailand you have 2 choices. $25. gets you a refurb. $30. gets you a new phone. I always go for the 30 bucks and never have had a claim. lol

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I get the feeling that a lot of people carrying insurance plans on their phones, don't realize how high their deductible is if they need replacement.
It's only a hundred bucks, at least through my carrier (Verizon/Asurion) with next day delivery, if claim is submitted by 5pm. Also, you don't even need to call them, everything can be done through their website.
That's a heckuvalot better than trying to come up with 300+ for a used device or waiting a couple weeks for a repair. Of course most of us have a previous phone we can use as a backup, but overall, I think it's well worth the money & piece of mind.

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Insurance is good idea on brand new phones for clumsy people. After 9 months phones reach their end of life cycle and aren't worth payment + deductible as you can get replacement on ebay/swappa for less.

If you have a phone that's a year old or more, chances are it's worth less then your deductible.

Fonzz

Reaction score
It's only a hundred bucks, at least through my carrier (Verizon/Asurion) with next day delivery, if claim is submitted by 5pm. Also, you don't even need to call them, everything can be done through their website.
That's a heckuvalot better than trying to come up with 300+ for a used device or waiting a couple weeks for a repair. Of course most of us have a previous phone we can use as a backup, but overall, I think it's well worth the money & piece of mind.

I too have had an insurance plan in the past and even needed to use it once. Luckily for me, my claim was made in the afternoon before 5pm and not on a Saturday as I can still imagine a scenario where one breaks their phone on a Saturday night and then can't possibly get a replacement until the following Tuesday... not exactly overnight; this would be unlikely, but it's possible.
If they offered different options like paying a few dollars more for a plan with a lower deductible, that's something I would have probably taken advantage of!
Certainly having both the insurance plan and a old working spare phone is the ultimate back up though.