Droid Maxx release date - Jan 26th

infantrytrophy

Reaction score
Razr or R Maxx - good choice

If you paid the full price ($299) for the Razr and have until Jan 15 to return it, it is probably a no-brainer to return it, pay the $35 restocking fee and buy the Maxx on Jan 26th. However, you could be at risk of losing your unlimited data plan or 4GB data plan if you have just started this plan. After Jan 15th the $30 per month data plan is limited to 2 GB.

If you are off contract and don't currently have a data plan, it's a different story. Right now you can buy the Razr from Costco for $229 (upgrade price) or $199 (new contract). Plus, this includes a few freebies - an HDMI cable, a dock, and an external battery obtained via a mail-in form. If you do not currently have a data plan, you will lock in (by Jan 15th) the 4 GB/month data plan for $30/month. Locking in the 4 GB data plan now might actually be preferable to waiting for the Razr Maxx - the same phone except for the battery. It seems very likely that there would be an upgrade path to convert the Razr to a Razr Maxx either through Verizon or a 3rd party. In the meantime, you have already pocketed the the cost of the upgrade by paying $199 or $229 instead of $299, and you have a few accessories.

swallman

Reaction score
My problem is that I don't currently have a good working Android phone that I could use. I do have an old BB Curve that I used to use. Anyone know if I'd still be able to activate that ? My plan is a grandfathered Alltel plan with unlimited data.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Wow must be a sign from Bob! My update is the 26th!

Razr maxx the phone from Bob. Is this how religions get started? ;-)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
BB is the same data plans. I got my hubby & kids BBs from friends to lock the unl in until their contracts were up. I called Verizon 1st & they confirmed that it would grandfather them in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

cece5702

Reaction score
The only difference between the Razr and Maxx is the extended battery?

surge

Reaction score
I believe it will have more memory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ablank

Reaction score
What about if I got it at Verizon lol?

Hail

Reaction score
Returned my Razr yesterday.... pre orders will be shipped the 27th.... love the Razr just a power user and need extended battery... feel I will be extremely happy with the Maxxdancedroid

ablank

Reaction score
So they will take mine back for the max?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow guys. This is Verizon's way of showing how awesome the Razr is in sales. They will have another soon. Trust me. Not just colors either. I can see it now. The Razr HD. Lol easy..HD and quad core...Woot Woot!

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

Hail

Reaction score
Dont know I was within the grace period and returned the phone.... Maybe if you ***** and moan enough!!!!

StryderSound

Reaction score
Dont know I was within the grace period and returned the phone.... Maybe if you ***** and moan enough!!!!

I went to my Verizon store and complained a bit about it being a jerk move to release the same exact phone with a bigger battery right after the return period ends and politely asked if i could keep my RAZR until the maxx is released and exchange it worry free and they agreed. Have to pay the restock but no big deal.