Droid Maxx Dock

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid MAXX' started by donzz, Aug 21, 2013.

1. donzz

donzz Member

Ratings:
    +9

• Like Like x 1
  2. xxwabbit

xxwabbit Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hmm..Razr Maxx dock was one handed for me. The phone snapped in too..nice and tight. On my Griffiin dock, I can do it with one hand, but not very well because after the phone is in the dock, I have to squeeze the ends of the dock together to seat the usb connector into the phone. Otherwise it won't charge. This is my second dock, but the first did the same so I really didn't need to take that one in. All in all..I've gotten used to the dock and am okay with it. (Still miss the audio/usb cable tho).

3. hirize

hirize New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    a little help for me and then for you...

Thanks for your hard work, Kyle. I also moved from the RAZR to the MAXX and wouldn't be on this site if I wasn't having the same problem with docking in the car. I can follow all your photos, EXCEPT for step one. How did you get the little plate off to get to the screws? I have tried to pry it off with no success. Is there a trick?

As for the plastic nut you have broken, I did the same thing...overtightened in the Florida heat, I guess. I also glued it, but the brittle plastic finally broke again, even tho I was very careful. I too the parts and pieces into my neighborhood hardware store...you know, the one with the dusty shelves. They quickly tried all the nuts they had until they came up with a one inch monster that works just fine. Cost me about 47 cents and 10 minutes. It's not attractive, but it's on the back of the unit and I don't have to look at it. A little black spray paint would go a long way to hiding this. Hope this helps! - norma

Search tags for this page
car dock for droid maxx

droid maxx car dock

droid maxx car mount

droid maxx dock

droid maxx docking station
droid maxx navigation dock
droid maxx wireless charging station
motorola droid maxx car dock
motorola droid maxx dock
wireless charging station for droid maxx