Droid MAXX Cases

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid MAXX' started by rogerthat227, Sep 24, 2013.

1. rugby1

rugby1 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Picked up the Dual Pro at the VZW store. Liked it better than the Speck. They had the otterboxes as well, but I wanted to try something different. No patience to wait for the Trident shipping time....might buy the Cruzerlite to mix it up.....Loving this phone!

• Like Like x 1
  2. meatball_hoagie

meatball_hoagie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Received the Z30 holster yesterday. Fits the phone perfectly without a case, but there's no way it's squeezing in there with any conventional case on it. Looks like the Dualpro will be seeing the most usage. I don't think I'd feel confident handling the phone with anything thinner than that.

3. haymakergroup

haymakergroup New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    Twitter:
    haymakergroup
    I went with a Otter Box Commuter but I added some texture to the back and sides to make it alot more grippy.. Love it, over nothing on it and dropping it from my knee and cracking the screen...

4. oid

oid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just getting a Droid Maxx. The Qmadix Droid 3 cover/holster was good and it slipped out of the holster and went right into the windshield mount, but alas, my Droid 3 is finally toast. Whats a good case/holster that will offer decent protection and fit into a windshield mount without making the phone the size of a dictionary or am i asking for too much? I was looking at the the Incipio but i dont know if it will mate up with a windshield mount.

5. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,564
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    If you are using the Griffin car dock, the case has to be very thin for the Maxx to fit. Mine does not fit in the car dock with the standard Verizon kickstand case. It does fit with a thin Diztronic TPU case, and even then its a tight fit. The Griffin car dock seems like it was designed for a phone with no case.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

6. oid

oid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It looks like there is no Droid Maxx solution for a case that offers sufficient protection, has a belt clip and can be used with a car mount that is powered. Is that true??

7. oid

oid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would I have any better luck going with the Droid Turbo?

8. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,564
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    I'm not sure if anyone is making car docks for the Turbo...or if it even has a Dock Mode. I am out shopping with my daughters right now. When I get home, I will try my Maxx in the Verizon kickstand case and car dock and let you know if it is possible. Are you looking to use the Griffin car dock?

#44 Sajo, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  9. oid

oid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im not necessarily wanting to use the Griffin car dock, just trying to find something that works. It has received abysmal reviews.

10. doogald

doogald Active Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Yes, the Griffin card dock is terrible. I'd say don't even bother.

There are plenty of great car docks that can hold a Maxx and let you plug in a cable when you want to power it. There are a few wireless charging car docks but I'm not sure they work well through a big case.

I like iOttie docks because their suction mount will stick on anything and will never release until you pull it off. They make a Qi charging dock as well. Pricey, but maybe your best bet if manually pluggin in is undesirable: Amazon.com iOttie Easy Flex Wireless Qi Standard Car Mount Charger for Google Nexus 5 4 LG G3 G2 Nokia Lumia 928 920 Motorola Droid MAXX MINI HTC Droid DNA 8X and Other Qi- Enabled Smartphones Cell Phones Accessories

I've never used that one myself, but it should work...

11. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,564
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    I stand corrected, the phone does fit in the Griffin car dock with the standard Verizon kickstand case (and it comes with a belt clip / holster). I was thinking of another case that didn't work. The Griffin docks do have a lot of bad reviews....but I would not say its totally useless. Its definitely not the same build quality of the genuine Moto docks that they used to make. But I have been using it for about a month and it does what its supposed to do. Holds my phone to the windshield of my Jeep and launches "driving mode". It might not hold up to repeated use like the Moto docks did, I will have to wait & see (I also had a genuine Moto car dock with my Droid 1, 3, Bionic and Razr M). This combo might not be perfect for you, but there is a case & holster combo that also works in a car dock for the Droid Maxx.[​IMG][​IMG]

12. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    I wish Motorola made custom docks for these phones like they did for past models. They were awesome and the build quality was second to none.

• Like Like x 2
Search tags for this page
2013 droid maxx case

best case for droid maxx

best case for motorola droid maxx xt1080m

best droid maxx case

cases for droid maxx
droid maxx
droid maxx accessories
droid maxx best case

droid maxx case

droid maxx cases