Droid MAXX Cases

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid MAXX' started by rogerthat227, Sep 24, 2013.

1. rogerthat227

rogerthat227 New Member

Just grabbed a new Droid MAXX. Wanted to reach out to see what cases everyone has put on their MAXX and general opinion of them...I see that Amazon has the Diztronic Matte Black Flexible TPU Case and that seems to have pretty good reviews, anyone have this on the MAXX? Or should I just go for the Otterbox? Thanks in advance.
  2. phontek642

phontek642 New Member

The gray/white otter box case is awesome and really protects the phone and screen I actually had the otter box before the phone. Order it from big red over the phone and tell them your an employee and haven't applied your employee discount yet and get the 25% accessory discount

At least Big Red gives you something... Lol
  3. unbesorgt

unbesorgt New Member

I'm loving the Diztronic TPU case on my Maxx. The build quality is much better than the Bionic version.
  4. Big D

Big D New Member

don't those cases make this phone MASSIVE?

I can't seem to put anything on this thing.
  5. Trky

Trky New Member

I have the incipio feather and it's really not that noticeable.
  6. pixurz

pixurz New Member

I've been using Otterbox Commuter case on my Maxx. It ads bulk but provides very good protection and looks nice as well. Personally I prefer the clam shell with clip and kickstand but I've not came across one yet.
  7. jmau808

jmau808 New Member

I've got the speck case.. IMO it's got the best grip of ask the cases I tried in the store. Protection wise its not as good as otter box, but not nearly as bulky either. But still feels solid..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2
  8. cybertj.2000

cybertj.2000 New Member

They do have one available at Verizon, the hashmark case that Verizon has for all phones, that's the one that I have

Sent from my Droid Maxx!!!
  9. doogald

doogald Member

I have both the Otterbox Commuter and the official bumper case. The Otterbox makes it just that much heavier and bulkier that I don't like it; the bumper works pretty well for me, though I don't love it, and it feels way too difficult to put on and take off. (I once put it on upside-down and it took forever to get it off.)

I do like the way the bumper shows the back of the phone, which I think is pretty attractive. I love the way the Otterbox covers the ports, because my phone lives in my pocket and the ports on my phones tend to get filled with dust.
  10. unbesorgt

unbesorgt New Member

The Diztronic TPU case adds very little thickness or weight. Still fits in my jeans pocket just fine.
  11. rogerthat227

rogerthat227 New Member

Thanks for the responses! I ordered the Diztronic TPU case as well as the Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit TPU (just liked the look of the graphic)...will try both of them out and if I feel like I need more protection, I'll grab the commuter case. I liked the idea of the bumper case, and that it shows off the phone's good looks without being totally naked, just not sure it offers enough protection.
  12. cdipier2

cdipier2 New Member

I got the otterbox from Verizon. It makes the phone a lot bigger but I like the protection. I like the belt clip I just clip it on my jeans
  13. LOTL

LOTL New Member

+1 on the Diztronic, but id still like a leather pouch to toss it in instead of putting it in my pocket. Anyone see anything that will fit the Maxx with a TPU case on it?
  14. cjj2d

cjj2d Member

I am on the hunt for a good slim case. I do not like the bulkyness of the otterbox's.

I had the incipio for my bionic and am thinking about going for it again. I dropped that ****er many times and never had any problems.
  15. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 New Member

I bought the bigger of the two otterboxes. after breaking my droid RAZR in no case yesterday morning I was paranoid not to protect this thing. lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4
  16. Reiles

Reiles Premium Member Premium Member

I had the Verizon store's standard gel case and found it way to bulky. I took the advise here and picked up the Diztronic TPU case in Clear. I am very satisfied with the slimness and protection offered. I have dropped the phone numerous times down manholes and on to concrete from the hip. Thanks for the tips!
  17. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Active Member

I just bought the purple bumper case through Amazon, along with another purple TPU case (can't remember the make). We'll see which one I prefer next week once I have the phone :)
  18. Mr.Rotorflyr

Mr.Rotorflyr New Member

I tried a leather belt case from Wally World, but returned it. Found it either poked into my side if I was sitting or if I moved it back so it wouldn't it would catch on things.

I just ordered one of these Amazon.com: BLACK Hard Plastic Back Cover + Holster Case for Motorola Droid MAXX XT1080M 2013 |In Twisted Tech Packaging|: Cell Phones & Accessories had a similar one for a
    BB Storm II and it worked well, so we'll see how it works with the Maxx (and if it doesn't work, it's cheap enough that who cares...lol)

*Edit*
    Case arrived today, the surround for the phone doesn't add much bulk, but doesnt feel quite as good as the bare phone. The belt clip is ok, slides in and out easily, maybe to easily...
    I'll use it a few day's and decide how much I like it, or if I'd rather just go back to a naked phone in a pocket.
  19. BlueLions81

BlueLions81 New Member

I got the purple otterbox case with the holster. I usually keep my phone in my purse, but there are times when I just want my phone and not my entire purse. I like being able to clip it to my pants or even my pocket. I'd be worried about it falling out if I just put it in my pocket. I once dropped my keys out of my pocket and right into the toilet. Don't want that to happen with the phone.

Not sure how much I like the screen protector. It definitely takes some getting used too. If I decide I don't like the case I can take it back in the 14 day window and get the shell case with the holster instead.
  20. Mr.Rotorflyr

Mr.Rotorflyr New Member

Now that I've lived with this case/belt clip:(Amazon.com: BLACK Hard Plastic Back Cover + Holster Case for Motorola Droid MAXX XT1080M 2013 |In Twisted Tech Packaging|: Cell Phones & Accessories) for a month I figured I'd post an update. Given the price point of the case ($5) I'm satisfied overall but it isn't without it's issues (and again, given the price I can't say I'm really surprised by this)

The case it self adds very little bulk to the phone (if I ever get around to it I'll take a few pics to show the difference), it protects the phone pretty well, I've dropped it twice since using this case, which brings me to the belt clip…IMHO the clip is the weak point, it doesn't hold the case tight enough and I've had it fall out of the clip twice due to my jacket riding up and essentially pulling the phone out of the clip. You can rotate the clip to change the angle the phone sits at and this does help, but I'd still like to see better retention. I might try and heat the arms on the clip and bend them in slightly to see if it helps hold better but not sure if it will work or not.

Knowing what I know now, given it's low cost I would buy it again, but if it were higher priced ($10-$15) I'd probably look at this one instead: Amazon.com: Kaleidio TM Dual Layer Armor Hybrid Skin Case Cover & Belt Clip Holster For Motorola DROID MAXX XT1080M (Late 2013) - Black/Black (Package Includes a Overbrawn Prying Tool & Stylux Stylus/Pen Dust Plug Combo) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phon though when I used one this style with a GNex it did add some bulk.
Search tags for this page
2013 droid maxx case
best case droid maxx

best case for droid maxx

best case for motorola droid maxx xt1080m

best droid maxx case

cases for droid maxx
droid maxx
droid maxx 2013 case
droid maxx accessories
droid maxx best case
droid maxx bumper case