Droid MAXX Cases

rogerthat227

Reaction score
Just grabbed a new Droid MAXX. Wanted to reach out to see what cases everyone has put on their MAXX and general opinion of them...I see that Amazon has the Diztronic Matte Black Flexible TPU Case and that seems to have pretty good reviews, anyone have this on the MAXX? Or should I just go for the Otterbox? Thanks in advance.

phontek642

Reaction score
The gray/white otter box case is awesome and really protects the phone and screen I actually had the otter box before the phone. Order it from big red over the phone and tell them your an employee and haven't applied your employee discount yet and get the 25% accessory discount

At least Big Red gives you something... Lol

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I'm loving the Diztronic TPU case on my Maxx. The build quality is much better than the Bionic version.

Big D

Reaction score
don't those cases make this phone MASSIVE?

I can't seem to put anything on this thing.

pixurz

Reaction score
I've been using Otterbox Commuter case on my Maxx. It ads bulk but provides very good protection and looks nice as well. Personally I prefer the clam shell with clip and kickstand but I've not came across one yet.

jmau808

Reaction score
I've got the speck case.. IMO it's got the best grip of ask the cases I tried in the store. Protection wise its not as good as otter box, but not nearly as bulky either. But still feels solid..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I've been using Otterbox Commuter case on my Maxx. It ads bulk but provides very good protection and looks nice as well. Personally I prefer the clam shell with clip and kickstand but I've not came across one yet.

They do have one available at Verizon, the hashmark case that Verizon has for all phones, that's the one that I have

Sent from my Droid Maxx!!!

doogald

Reaction score
I have both the Otterbox Commuter and the official bumper case. The Otterbox makes it just that much heavier and bulkier that I don't like it; the bumper works pretty well for me, though I don't love it, and it feels way too difficult to put on and take off. (I once put it on upside-down and it took forever to get it off.)

I do like the way the bumper shows the back of the phone, which I think is pretty attractive. I love the way the Otterbox covers the ports, because my phone lives in my pocket and the ports on my phones tend to get filled with dust.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
don't those cases make this phone MASSIVE?

I can't seem to put anything on this thing.

The Diztronic TPU case adds very little thickness or weight. Still fits in my jeans pocket just fine.

OP
R

rogerthat227

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! I ordered the Diztronic TPU case as well as the Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit TPU (just liked the look of the graphic)...will try both of them out and if I feel like I need more protection, I'll grab the commuter case. I liked the idea of the bumper case, and that it shows off the phone's good looks without being totally naked, just not sure it offers enough protection.

cdipier2

Reaction score
I got the otterbox from Verizon. It makes the phone a lot bigger but I like the protection. I like the belt clip I just clip it on my jeans

LOTL

Reaction score
+1 on the Diztronic, but id still like a leather pouch to toss it in instead of putting it in my pocket. Anyone see anything that will fit the Maxx with a TPU case on it?

cjj2d

Reaction score
I am on the hunt for a good slim case. I do not like the bulkyness of the otterbox's.

I had the incipio for my bionic and am thinking about going for it again. I dropped that ****er many times and never had any problems.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I bought the bigger of the two otterboxes. after breaking my droid RAZR in no case yesterday morning I was paranoid not to protect this thing. lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4