Droid Maxx and Kenwood Bluetooth Issue

WWT

Reaction score
I have a major problem with my Droid Maxx and my Kenwood KDC-X996. Purchased Kenwood last year and had a droid razr. Everything worked fine. Purchased a Droid Maxx and now the kenwood and the Droid will not auto connect in Bluetooth. I have to go into settings and do it manually most of the time. One time in ten it may connect automatically.

I have called Kenwood and Motorola and Verizon. No results. I have looked for Bluetooth updates in Kenwood. None made for the Droid Maxx. I have learned that the Bluetooth version in the droid is a 4.0 which is different from the droid razr. Yet the Droid Maxx still works on the Bluetooth for a 2009 Chevrolet radio. The kenwood is in a different vehicle. My wife's iPhone works great with the Kenwood.

Anybody have any ideas?????????

Sometimes by touching the phone icon on the Kenwood, it connects, but sometimes not.

This is a real pain to have to check the phone to see if it is connected every time I get in the vehicle.

Any input will be much appreciated.

WWT

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I had a similar issue with my Bose BT speakers connecting to one of my smart tvs but not the other. After numerous emails to Bose they finally fixed it. My gut tells me it's a Moto issue and not the speaker.

OP
W

WWT

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I had read that thread. Will keep trying