Droid Marriage Proposal Help

nibblit

Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

You'll do fine. 100 years from now, you and your wife will come back to this message board and show us pictures of your dozen grandchildren. Happy holidays!

Sent from my marginally bricked D2.

brochaos

Reaction score
yea i say just do whatever you want. don't worry about what anyone else says. i just proposed last night and i just got down on one knee and asked. of course her sisters wanted me to do all of these elaborate things or do it on xmas in front of the whole family but in the end it is my choice, my decision, and i just did it how i felt was best.

nibblit

Reaction score
yea i say just do whatever you want. Don't worry about what anyone else says. I just proposed last night and i just got down on one knee and asked. Of course her sisters wanted me to do all of these elaborate things or do it on xmas in front of the whole family but in the end it is my choice, my decision, and i just did it how i felt was best.

congratulations!!!!

JonQ

Reaction score
Why don't you write an app?

I used Google's easy-to-use App Inventor tool to write a custom droid application to propose to my girlfriend back in november.

Checkout screenshots and the story: JonQ.com

Here's info on App Inventor
About - App Inventor for Android

Congrats. No matter what you do, i'm sure she'll remember it forever.

aDroidman

Reaction score
Do what God has laid on your heart

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I'm only 23 and have never been married and am giving advice so take it or leave it, but since you're technically not married either and I have exceptional common sense, I feel it's worth at least taking into consideration, so here goes...

Marriage is or should be the result of a deep love and connection with another person. Love is something that forms over time; it can even be a little surprising when you realize you're in love with someone, so in a way you could say the feeling and realization of that feeling are rather spontaneous. Good practice for a marriage proposal is proposing your love for someone. A good rule of thumb in my opinion is NO PUBLIC PLACES. Whether she loves you to death and wants to spend her life with you or not, it is never a good idea to have a bunch of other people around; as it is you're already putting her on the spot.

In a nut shell, assuming you both are truly in love, just being private, being spontaneous, and most importantly, being yourself will yield the best results. Good luck!:)

adnilasor

Reaction score
Well I think it's romantic :D If you think she might get upset (because she can't find you) make sure you have a nice big beautiful diamond so she'll forget she's mad :D if she's still mad... I'll take the diamond :rofl3:

I also think it is romantic. It will be fun and everyone gets to be a part of it.

Sent from my Droidx

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm going against the grain here...but isn't marriage bringing two lives together?

If he likes tech stuff, and she doesn't its OK! because marriage is all about the unification of lives. Bring the stuff you love into the stuff she loves and weed out the stuff you both hate.

You got my PM dude with my suggestion...I just wanted to say that I think your idea is a wicked good one and rock on...way to actually think about how you are going to do this rather than some other people who only marry cause they knocked up their high school sweetheart!

And you got my support! - seriously tho check your PM's

And either way, I think this dude has balls marrying a girl...many people are too afraid of commitment. Keep on, keepin' on! - Joe Dirt

Jordan8

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm going against the grain here...but isn't marriage bringing two lives together?

If he likes tech stuff, and she doesn't its OK! because marriage is all about the unification of lives. Bring the stuff you love into the stuff she loves and weed out the stuff you both hate.

You got my PM dude with my suggestion...I just wanted to say that I think your idea is a wicked good one and rock on...way to actually think about how you are going to do this rather than some other people who only marry cause they knocked up their high school sweetheart!

And you got my support! - seriously tho check your PM's

And either way, I think this dude has balls marrying a girl...many people are too afraid of commitment. Keep on, keepin' on! - Joe Dirt

You make a good point, but I dont think proposal would be the best time to be pushing things she isn't into.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sooooo.... What happened? Details please? i assume youve already done this? (Christmas lit park) lol, Did she love it?
For me id be so embarrassed for my family to do this, my family would make comments giving it away beforehand "accidently" (Id imagine)-on one of the points, then shed be forced to act surprised. and if not they sure would heckle. Thats what i get for growing up with fireman and such though. Im glad you can actually trust your family enough to hold the secret... and to actually tell all of them beforehand, props dude, that just shows how commited you are. It would totally suck if she said no after all that, which means you really think she loves you. (if that makes sense)

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Maybe have HIS phone in the hands of the second to last person with google walking directions already listed or something. And the idea is to have her return his phone to him. It should help because if she's not tech savvy but of course he is, it allows her to participate in one of his enjoyments without actually having to program the directions herself.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App