droid Market uninstalled itself (stock phone)

huskur

Reaction score
I don't think it is gone. It is just renamed. Look for "play store" in your app drawer!

CoolAndroid

Reaction score
Android market redesign and now it called "Google Play store" and android market app now called "Play store". Your app now upgraded that is why you can't see it.

reltub20001is

Reaction score
market

I did not want playbook. I wanted the market. Google play did not show up after the update. Another update that I don't have any idea how to work. Stupid developers cannot figure out how to make things easy. Every update that I have received takes me weeks if not months to figure out how to use. This is because I do not spend more than a minute or 2 each day with applications on my phone. I am too busy to worry about extras my phone does. When I do try to do extras I know where to go to get it done. Now stupid programmers have changed how I get things done. No market. No google play. Just play books. I don't want books. Developers need to figure this out before just changing things. I have avoided the iphone. Now this change after all the other changes makes the iphone look real good. I will be checking in to one. Thanks the developers for a loss of one android user.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I did not want playbook. I wanted the market. Google play did not show up after the update. Another update that I don't have any idea how to work. Stupid developers cannot figure out how to make things easy. Every update that I have received takes me weeks if not months to figure out how to use. This is because I do not spend more than a minute or 2 each day with applications on my phone. I am too busy to worry about extras my phone does. When I do try to do extras I know where to go to get it done. Now stupid programmers have changed how I get things done. No market. No google play. Just play books. I don't want books. Developers need to figure this out before just changing things. I have avoided the iphone. Now this change after all the other changes makes the iphone look real good. I will be checking in to one. Thanks the developers for a loss of one android user.

So because you don't use your phone enough and they changed the name of the market (which is stupid) your going to blame the developers? It sounds to me like you've been looking for an excuse to try the iPhone.

I wish you the best

sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The "market" is now called "play store"...same exact application as market, just a different name.

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score

It's not called Playbook, it's called Play Store. All they changed was the name. It used to be called Android Market, now it's called Play Store. Only the name changed, nothing else.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
BroidDrionic we must think exactly alike at almost the same time!

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums