Droid lost, replaced, then found

screwballl

Reaction score
I recently lost my Motorola Droid. Paid the deductible and got a replacement while having Verizon blacklist the old one. Then it recently turned up in another state and someone called me about it. What can I do with it? Can I get my deductible back? Please help!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Honestly there is nothing you can do. You could sell it to some poor sap on Craigs List but Karma will come and kick you in the butt later on.

You can still use it as a WiFi device, surf the internet. Use it as a spare battery charger.

dolpns13

Reaction score
Isnt that always the case... I dont think you can get your deductible back, although it wouldnt be a bad idea to call Asurion and ask...

My wife lost her external ipod speakers, I told her we needed to buy a new one, because until we bought a new one, we would never find the old ones.. Isnt that always the case

I actually found her speakers, such as everything else she loses. :)

JCo352

Reaction score
You can use it as a VOIP phone over wifi at your house.

ewells2420

Reaction score
I recently lost my Motorola Droid. Paid the deductible and got a replacement while having Verizon blacklist the old one. Then it recently turned up in another state and someone called me about it. What can I do with it? Can I get my deductible back? Please help!

Anyone else thinking the guy who 'found' it was probably the guy that took it. Then once it was blacklisted he realized it was worthless so tried to return it back lol?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking the guy who 'found' it was probably the guy that took it.
no not really. op sounds like an honest person, you on other hand...

Not what I meant, I was saying the guy that found his phone in another state. Thanks for the personal attack though. Much appreciated douche.
relax, it wasn't an attack. just messing with you ;)

@op, if you got your old phone back you can sell it for parts. not sure how much your deductible was but i think you can cover it. or you can probably donate it to one of the hackers and have them work on root and roms for it :)

Last edited:

rustynail09

Reaction score
You can list it on Ebay as a parts phone or phone to be flashed to Revol or some other cheap CDMA based cell company. Just make sure when you list you regularly make mention that the phone is currently blacklisted on verizon.

OP
S

screwballl

Reaction score
Thanks. Selling it as a usbale phone to some unsuspecting person is really not an option. If any programmers need a phone like this just let me know. I will call Verizon and the insurance people tonight.

djrakun

Reaction score
Don't knowif you got my private message but I might be interested. Pm me with a price

iPirate

Reaction score
Thanks. Selling it as a usbale phone to some unsuspecting person is really not an option. If any programmers need a phone like this just let me know. I will call Verizon and the insurance people tonight.

free phone for development? i will take it!

nm that guy beat me to it :(