Droid Lock Question

dolpns13

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got the Droid on Sunday and am a total NOOB with it... Is there a way to turn off the slide lock/unlock. Seems fairly usless to me to have a lock like this when there is a lock on the top of the phone.

Please help.

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
download the app no lock

chart

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
download the app no lock

chart

Thanks! I also heard of the screen mode widget.. is that any good too? Im looking for something that is just touch the unlock button on top and go...

My wife called today and I couldnt slide the unlock over because the phone was vibrating too much and I guess the screen couldnt recognize what I was trying to do... It was sooooo annoying

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
download the app no lock

chart

Thanks! I also heard of the screen mode widget.. is that any good too? Im looking for something that is just touch the unlock button on top and go...

My wife called today and I couldnt slide the unlock over because the phone was vibrating too much and I guess the screen couldnt recognize what I was trying to do... It was sooooo annoying

haven't used screen mode widget.

haven't really used the no lock either as I don't mind using the unlock button, then sliding to unlock. imo just pressing one unlock button and then its unlocked makes it to easy to pocket dial. (or whatever the equivlent is on a droid)

sandman1987

Reaction score
I use myLock basic and it works great. There are a couple versions both free and paid. There are a couple threads about it here on droidforums. Start here in this thread. There are links to the app and to other threads in this one.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
download the app no lock

chart

haven't really used the no lock either as I don't mind using the unlock button, then sliding to unlock. imo just pressing one unlock button and then its unlocked makes it to easy to pocket dial. (or whatever the equivlent is on a droid)

Good point, I used to have the dare and that lock was good, something similar to that would be perfect. (although that phone was a POS,worst LG phone ever made).

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
I use myLock basic and it works great. There are a couple versions both free and paid. There are a couple threads about it here on droidforums. Start here in this thread. There are links to the app and to other threads in this one.

thanks, do you know which version is the best?

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score

Thanks... I think I might stick with this one. downloaded the basic version

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
download the app no lock

chart

i use screen mode widget. its pretty good. does whats its supposed to

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
download the app no lock

chart

The only problem I have run into with the slide to unlock is when my hands are really cold, the screen will not respond and thus not unlock. I have missed my fair share of calls that way.