Droid locator

bomay7

Reaction score
Can some one tell me step by step how to use the Droid Locator? I have tried several different things and still no result? I installed the app.. Set the secret code and the message.. Now I used another phone to test it.. I put my phone # in. Where does the secret code go? Where the phone number goes, the body of the message with the message? Not very clear on how this works..? Please help.

PS. Please forgive my ignorance!

Last edited:

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Can some one tell me step by step how to use the Droid Locator? I have tried several different things and still no result? I installed the app.. Set the secret code and the message.. Now I used another phone to test it.. I put my phone # in. Where does the secret code go? Where the phone number goes, the body of the message with the message? Not very clear on how this works..? Please help.

PS. Please forgive my ignorance!

Personally i dont use that, just use google latitude (inside google maps), or lookout mobile security (both free) never did hear good things about the "droid locator" app.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just get locatemydroid or lookout, both have same feature..

Does locatemydroid have the scream feature that lookout security has? where you can make the phone scream obnoxiously loud until you stop it? lol. i love that feature works even when the sound is turned off.

I am not 100% sure, but wavesecure does.. has a loud scream if I remember correctly.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Just get locatemydroid or lookout, both have same feature..

Does locatemydroid have the scream feature that lookout security has? where you can make the phone scream obnoxiously loud until you stop it? lol. i love that feature works even when the sound is turned off.

I am not 100% sure, but wavesecure does.. has a loud scream if I remember correctly.

Started messing with wave secure last night not a big fan, happy i didnt install the non uninstall app thingy it tells you to since ill prob. be uninstalling it later on tonight.

OP
B

bomay7

Reaction score
mylookout is a great app.. Thanks for the reccomendation! Allows you to back up, has antivirus for apps and it also locates! PERFECT!

monkeydog

Reaction score
Wavesecure and mobiledefense are the best 2 apps with this feature if you don't want an antivirus along with it, since the anti virus is nothing but a battery drain atm. I have them both installed because I can't decide which I like more.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DO NOT activate LOCK-SCREAM on Wave Secure via the website while you are at work... OMFG that was quite an experience to say the least

-=Jason=-

ostewart

Reaction score
I just downloaded Locatemydroid and found a lot of the fetures they advertise not true.
They claim that the phone will not be tracted unless I ask it to, the GPS has been running since I downloaded the App. They claim that it will not increase battery drain which if the GPS is running all the time this will increse battery drain.
Does anyone have any suggestions other than for me to stop whinning and delete this?