Droid knocked out by store security?

dacvulcan

Reaction score
I was shopping in Gander Mountain, a retail camping equipment store, this past weekend and had my Droid in a standby mode in my pocket. When I left the store and returned to my car I turned on the display to make a call and the phone was dead. I pushed the power button numerous times and even plugged in the car charger with no success. The phone was working in GPS mode when I pulled up to the store.

I have only had the phone for a month so before I returned to the store I bought it from I decided to remove the battery cover and take a look. I popped out the battery, put it back in, and pushed the power button. To my surprise the phone came back alive!

Is it possible that this store's security measures somehow disabled my phone? Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing?

Jeremy556

Reaction score
System froze, just a coincidence on location.

Mine has done this once since I purchased it in November.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I was shopping in Gander Mountain, a retail camping equipment store, this past weekend and had my Droid in a standby mode in my pocket. When I left the store and returned to my car I turned on the display to make a call and the phone was dead. I pushed the power button numerous times and even plugged in the car charger with no success. The phone was working in GPS mode when I pulled up to the store.

I have only had the phone for a month so before I returned to the store I bought it from I decided to remove the battery cover and take a look. I popped out the battery, put it back in, and pushed the power button. To my surprise the phone came back alive!

Is it possible that this store's security measures somehow disabled my phone? Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing?

Simple, go back and see if it does it again. If it does then there is a problem, if not it was just a fluke.

marcfogel

Reaction score
Mine did this last night. I did notice the battery was hotter than usual when it happened.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Second time today I've invoked the old country saying, "just because Lunch comes after breakfast does not mean breakfast causes lunch". :)

B1-66er

Reaction score
I work security at Walmart and I've never had an issue with my phone, be it in my office(where all the security is based from) or out on the sales floor.

AndreaTheAndroid

Reaction score
MY PHONE KEEPS GOING TO THE "DROID" THEN THE EYE COMES UP, AND IT RESTARTS OVER AND OVER. I CAN'T EVEN GET TO THE HOMESCREEN. can someone help? maybe take out the battery for a couple hours? and put it back? i have taken the battery out, tried charging it, but it is doing the same thing over and over.. i'm becoming depressed.. all i want is my droid and pandora.. please help!!

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
MY PHONE KEEPS GOING TO THE "DROID" THEN THE EYE COMES UP, AND IT RESTARTS OVER AND OVER. I CAN'T EVEN GET TO THE HOMESCREEN. can someone help? maybe take out the battery for a couple hours? and put it back? i have taken the battery out, tried charging it, but it is doing the same thing over and over.. i'm becoming depressed.. all i want is my droid and pandora.. please help!!

I believe your phone is bricked broo

Jeremy556

Reaction score
Have you made any modifications? Rooted, Recovery, etc? If not, take it to a Verizon store and have it exchanged.

AndreaTheAndroid

Reaction score
Damn. Damn. Damn. Thanks guys.. i haven't done anything, but i don't know if you guys realized it or not, BUT I NAMED MY PHONE I LOVE IT SO MUCH. First, my pokemon game gets erased and now they are taking Andrea away from me.. Me + broken droid = fight at school tomorrow. Laaaaaaaaaame..

nuguy

Reaction score

Boot in "Safe Mode"
search the stickeys for how to do it...