Droid Keyboard Backlight

crazins69

Reaction score
I have the OG droid and my keyboard back light wont light up unless i change the brightness setting, then it only stays lit for like 30 seconds. I have tried JRummys root tools and every LED app on the market. I have played with the keybaord settings in system settings and I still cant make it stay on. Major pain in the ass when Im typing at night.

I have MediCkMod FRG83D im running the ULV p3droid 7 slot kernel. If anyone has a way I can make the damn thing stay lit while the screen is on and the keyboard is open, please let me know.

I have read that the 125 ULV kernels can cause problems if your droid cant handle it but mine seems to do just fine with it. Could my keyboard light issue be due to the kernel I chose?

fudgiefaulkner

Reaction score
I am having the exact some problem. All I can think is that it is an app. So I am going to flash back to the ROM only and then add my apps one by one until I see what does it. I'll let you know if I find anything.

fudgiefaulkner

Reaction score
I uninstalled Audible player and my ligts came back on. This was after installing and installing apps one by one until it worked. Good luck.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the app AdjBrightness? You can modify keyboard backlight from there

Sent from my Liberated DROID2