1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

droid keeps rebooting/freezing and won't restore!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by isoDUB, Jan 17, 2011.

1. isoDUB

isoDUB New Member

my Droid 1 on UD 2.5.0 keeps rebooting and freezing. it started last night when i turned it off and it booted by itself. now i can't go a minute without it freezing or rebooting, and eventually i need to do a battery pull. this is after i installed P3Droid's kernal, so that's probably the problem. when i try to restore, i get "ERROR: nandroid exited with status 20" for both simple and advanced restore. i'm might be wrong here, but will installing another kernal like chevy's kernal fix this? and if it will, do i just download and install over P3Droid's kernal? or is there something i have to do/delete? thanks in advance.

EDIT: sorry for two threads my browser messed up.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  2. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

I'm not familiar with that error but, yes... changing the kernel first is probably your best shot -- try flashing a slower / higher voltage kernel. A 1.25GHz LV kernel is just asking for trouble ... although I can't say I haven't been in the same boat :) You might as well revert to the stock kernel just in case, or at the very least a SV (standard voltage) 800MHz kernel. You don't need the nandroid to race to the finish line, you just need it to complete.

If you are still having problems, an SBF might be the best option, given the problem is not with the nandroid iteslf. If the nandroid is OK, an SBF back to stock-rooted should be OK to flash CW and restore the nandroid.

If things don't get on from there, there is most likely a problem with your nandroid.

Good luck! :)
Search tags for this page
android on htc hd2 keep rebooting
htc hd2 install nexus keeps rebooting

my htc hd2 keeps freezing

the droid1 incredible by htc2 how to reset it