Droid keeps crashing or rebooting!! HELP!!!

addict4life

Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue:
After not using my Droid x (non rooted) for a lengthy period of time as soon as i get a txt or phonecall it goes to the droid splash screen. it doesn't do a full reboot with the motorola screen. this also happens every single time i plug in the usb cable from my computer. I tried usb debugging and it sometimes helps. i tried uninstalling some apps but thats not working either. any ideas on what it could be or how i can further troubleshoot.

earnric

Reaction score
I have a similar issue. Every couple of weeks my X goes into a reboot loop: it'll reboot itself every 2-3 minutes for like an hour! Drives me nuts. Seems to be occurring more often lately ...

I'm rooted via Z4, but all I've done is move off a few apps (CityID, etc.) to ".bup" ...

I may have a defective ROM chip... ??? Thoughts?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Random reboots is a known issue with froyo. You guys aren't the only ones. Custom ROMs alleviate the issue for many.

earnric

Reaction score
Thx for the reply/info.

Would you recommend a particularly 'clean' ROM to use? I've never done a ROM swap ... but I'm willing to try at this point!

Thx

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Thx for the reply/info.

Would you recommend a particularly 'clean' ROM to use? I've never done a ROM swap ... but I'm willing to try at this point!

Thx
Liberty v1.5 is always a good choice if you like "mostly Blur-less", DarkSlide if you want to choose between Blurred and Blurless, as well as Apex...any of the 3 are great ROMS that offer enhancements over the stock experience...

Best advice when installing any ROM...FOLLOW THE INSTALL DIRECTIONS OF THE ROM YOU ARE TRYING TO INSTALL. The way to install Liberty may not be the same as installing Apex or Rubix or GummyJar...:)

ij1936

Reaction score
I am new to this whole Droid X thing so bear with me. I upgraded to a certified pre-owned X from Verizon and have had nothing but problems with the phone cycling off and on fairly regularly. Verizone sent me a second CPO and that one does the same as the first. The first phone locked up after a fifteen minute call and I had to remove the battery to get the phone to reboot. both phones will cycle off then on during phone calls resulting in the calls being either dropped or ended. Verizon has been little help and I am considering getting rid of the phone. Does anyone know of a fix or am I screwed?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just let them replace it. Some people have gone through 3 or 4 phones til they find the one that's just right

ij1936

Reaction score
Just let them replace it. Some people have gone through 3 or 4 phones til they find the one that's just right

YIKES! 3 or 4? Holy smokes! Makes me wonder why so many problems. Thanks though. I will keep on Verizon until they deliver me one that functions like it's supposed to.

Verizon is sending Droid number three overnight to me. I hope this one works!

Number three arrived today and after switching the sd card, battery, door, activating the device all seems to be operating properly. The phone has not powered off and on in the two hours it's been in use. Hopefully three is the charm!

Last edited: