Droid just quit

cosmonaut

Reaction score
My Droid just quit. When I power it up the Motorola logo just blinks on and off. I tried a power button and X reset but no good. I have insurance on it. Any idea before I head to Verizon?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know, I know, stupid question, but was the battery low? If not, have you tried a battery pull?

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score
I just returned it and it was still covered under manufactures warranty so it was a free exchance. They did ask if I had tried to root it. I had the file on the sd card but have never tried a root. But I did delete the file from the SD with a card reader before I returned it. The gent at tech support explained later that a rooted Droid usually would run hot sooner or later causing a crash. Just beware the Verizon techies are on the look out for rooted phones and they will not exchange a rooted phone.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I just returned it and it was still covered under manufactures warranty so it was a free exchance. They did ask if I had tried to root it. I had the file on the sd card but have never tried a root. But I did delete the file from the SD with a card reader before I returned it. The gent at tech support explained later that a rooted Droid usually would run hot sooner or later causing a crash. Just beware the Verizon techies are on the look out for rooted phones and they will not exchange a rooted phone.

Haha They need to be looking at their display phones in their stores. I have read on this forum where several people have rooted the display phones at their local stores.

Glad you were able to get a new DROID.