Droid Issue

droidn00b

Reaction score
I recently bought my droid on december 5th and everything is going well except i can't get the homescreen to go into landscape mode without sliding out the keyboard. it will go to landscape mode with all my applications but for some reason won't do it when on the homescreen. Is there anyway to fix this? btw i made sure the setting was checked where the phone would automatically go to landscape mode

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No. It is how the phone was designed to operate. Google has acknowledged this and that they don't have any intent of implementing the landscape on home screen. At least not as of now.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I recently bought my droid on december 5th and everything is going well except i can't get the homescreen to go into landscape mode without sliding out the keyboard. it will go to landscape mode with all my applications but for some reason won't do it when on the homescreen. Is there anyway to fix this? btw i made sure the setting was checked where the phone would automatically go to landscape mode
You should probably dl a different home application (i use dxtop and landscape mode works perfectly) ;)

R1Lover

Reaction score
The solution is to use a "Home Replacement app" like Panda or ahome, these will alow the home screen to rotate as you rotate the phone like are you are wanting.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The solution is to use a "Home Replacement app" like Panda or ahome, these will alow the home screen to rotate as you rotate the phone like are you are wanting.

Good point. I prefer Home++ but to simplify an answer.... corina's right... home replacements will allow for that function. :icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
can i get these things in the market?

Yea. Do a lil reading up first to see what might be for you. Use the "Search" for home replacements... there's threads discussing all of them... in joined threads or individual. There's also a thread with screen shots of home screens... give you an even better idea.

OP
D

droidn00b

Reaction score
alright... got it all figured out... thanks